1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game not installing on new Computer

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by bru, Oct 7, 2006.

1. bru

bru Prince

I am attempting to install Civ 4 to a new computer and when the 2nd cd is asked for and put into cd-rom a message comes up stating that:

"Setup could not find a file on the specified path or disk.
    Please check that the proper disk is inserted or specify a new path."

I have tried to install the game several times using the cds that came in the game box. I have also created a new folder in "program files" and tried to install to that folder. Nothing has worked. any suggestion from support would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Prestidigitator

Prestidigitator Prince

I'm not sure, but this sometimes happens to me when installing some programs (other than Civ4 that is).

Try (re)locating the CD drive using the browse option.

3. bru

bru Prince

I have tried changing addresses as well as creating new a new civ folder but no luck!!

4. Prestidigitator

Prestidigitator Prince

Take this: If your CD rom drive is (D:/) then try and browse to reset it to (D:/).

Just to get myself clear. But if that didn't work, I really have no idea on how to solve this :sad:, do you have a good CD rom drive? up to the required speed?

5. bru

bru Prince

The Computer is new, I had it built because the old one was struggling with Civ 4 and War Lords! I made sure that all the specs were more than adequate! Now I can't play either game.:(

6. civ_god06

civ_god06 Warlord

create a folder on your desktop, then copy both disks over to this folder.
    Then run the setup.exe from the folder.

Job done :)

7. bru

bru Prince

Thank you for your replies!! I found that there was a bunch of files transferred from the old to the new computer and that when I deleted all civ files from the new and then loaded civ 4, It loaded with out problem. Who would have known??