• Normal

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Raging

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Self explanatory. Poll is open for 5 days.

I voted Barbs normal on this one, although raging would be alright with me.

Normal. Watching out for barbarians was relevant throughout most of human history. Turning it off would take out interesting strategy, i.e. "I know none of the other civs are in position to attack us right now, so let's not bother making many military units."

One thing i remember someone saying about the last game is that with raging barbs our units will gain experience to get us promotions for war.

One thing i remember someone saying about the last game is that with raging barbs our units will gain experience to get us promotions for war.

We will gain promotions, but so will the opponents who we are warring against. That to me is a kind of a wash.

But it also adds another strategy to the game: which promotions are we going to get.

Normal. Free exp for our warriors :)

Depends very much on the difficulty. Emp+ don't expect much/any "free" experience. Expect to have to place them just right so that barbs can't spawn at all, or to use archers or early strat resource units to fight them off.

Double civs will probably mean less land per "civ", so there's a good chance that we can only use warriors regardless of difficulty, which will double as a sentry net anyway if we're not on islands.

I like normal but I would be willing to leave this up to the mapmaker. Some maps call for more barbarians to discourage early team contact and warfare.

Let's consider this poll closed and the issue decided in favor of Normal Barbs. No more voting in this poll please.:) If anyone objects, please state your reasons in this thread.

We need to start closing some of our polls so I can report our team votes to the UN.

In the future, AMAZONs making a poll should specify some ending date. Polls probably should not be open more than 2 or 3 days unless there is some compelling reason... but we can leave that decision up to the Poll Master.

I know this is closed and the topic discussed, but barbarians doesn't mean just free promotions. It also means dead units.

Top Bottom