Game Settings Discussion Thread

I definitely see this point, and really don't mind the current pace of the game.

Still, I would prefer the turns to move slightly faster, and real life 48 hours may even be what was intended (certainly what I thought we were going to be getting). I think we can support this request without sounding whiny or like we are blaming or faulting any teams for the current pace.

But if the team and/or leaders prefer to leave it alone, I'm fine with that too.

I don't believe it will look whiney to support the proposal that's already been made. The topic has already been broached, it's easy to add our name in agreement without offending other teams. I doubt any team will have trouble keeping up with a faster timer. If I'm wrong I'm sure they'll speak up and we can reconsider. If the other teams are taking the full timer not because of discussions about strategy, or availability of turn players, but concern for enemy warriors, they shouldn't mind the turn timer being faster because they will be stuck watching the other team's moves for less time.

I agree with Sommerswerd on this. I suggest we see what the other teams, and/or the admin says, and either stay out of it and quietly concur - or throw our support with the majority if necessary.

I wouldn't mind a shorter turn timer at this point of the game, but I think we should keep as anonymous as possible until we have established diplomatic ties with other teams.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

If the other teams are taking the full timer not because of discussions about strategy, or availability of turn players, but concern for enemy warriors, they shouldn't mind the turn timer being faster because they will be stuck watching the other team's moves for less time.
This is absolutely what I had in mind too.

Also, we will just agree with proposal already made. 55 hours is a lot in this stage of the game. Faster pace (36 or even 48 hours IRL) cant harm the game, even the opposite - the interest will keep higher.

I am for supporting the shortening request.

Caledorn, please don't increase the turn timer to 55 hours!!! It seems like r_rolo has misinterpreted the request. I don't want to say anything in the public thread since we have decided as a team not to get involved, but I don't think anyone wants the turn timer increased!

Caledorn, please don't increase the turn timer to 55 hours!!! It seems like r_rolo has misinterpreted the request. I don't want to say anything in the public thread since we have decided as a team not to get involved, but I don't think anyone wants the turn timer increased!

Don't worry. I agree about the misinterpretatiom, so I'll send r_rolo a PM and ask him to look over it again. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I would like a little info on the APT mod. What does it change? The links provide no information.

As far as I know, it changes nothing in the game mechanics. What it does is it can provide information about many things that happen in the game via its site, so you can follow the game closer, who built what, who have sent you in-game message, what it says, what deals are proposed etc, even if you cant login in to the game itself right at the moment. And the second function of the mod, which is why we wanted him in, is to disallow double- moves. Once a war is declared, the mod sets the turn order and if you try loging when it is not your turn, he just throws you out of the game. Or if you are last in the turn and finish the turn, new turn starts, the mod disconnects you automatically, so no "shenanigans" a la Lord Parkin are possible :) Also it adds more time to the timer automatically when someone is at war, which is really handy because now you have to wait for your opponent to play first.

Aaand welcome to the team, nice to see you here :)

Top Bottom