Game Starting Tip

Aoxomoxoa

Prince
Ran into this, seemingly little known tip, over in the Succession Game forum.

When you start a game, you can get an extra turn of tech study if you assign your tech choice via the F6 menu as opposed to building your first city after the screen announcing your beginning and the techs you already know.

If you wait for the advisor to come up and say 'Our scientists need direction blah.. blah..blah', then you don't start studying that tech until the beginning of the next turn.

Remember, every little bit helps, more so in the early years.

Aox

Originally posted by Aoxomoxoa
Ran into this, seemingly little known tip, over in the Succession Game forum.

When you start a game, you can get an extra turn of tech study if you assign your tech choice via the F6 menu as opposed to building your first city after the screen announcing your beginning and the techs you already know.

If you wait for the advisor to come up and say 'Our scientists need direction blah.. blah..blah', then you don't start studying that tech until the beginning of the next turn.

Remember, every little bit helps, more so in the early years.

Aox
[/QUOTE

Let it be known...., that from this point on...., Aoxomoxoa shall be elevated to Warlord status and awarded all blah,blah, blah.

:beer:

Of course, if this is found to be untrue, then..... [punch]

Just kidding, of course! ;) Thanks for the tip.

The tip was taken from the great Sirian, whose information was so valuable during my Daiblo 2 days.

Tip #2 - probably much more well known, but one I was guilty of being very 'weedy' about...

Build Mine then Road = Good
Build Road the Mine = STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!

Aox

I knew the first one, but what's the problem if you build first a road and then a mine?
Of course you need rather shields than money early on, but is there an actual
loss?

Originally posted by Shogoth
I knew the first one, but what's the problem if you build first a road and then a mine?
Of course you need rather shields than money early on, but is there an actual
loss?

Because, if you build the mine first there is production the minute the road is complete (presumably connected to your capital). This provides turn-advantage (benefits of early smart-building that compound over the course of a game). Otherwise, when the road is built first, there is no turn-advantage because you are waiting on the construction of your mine.

Top Bottom