Game Videos

I guess $37 is a bit too much. But 26€ wasn't nearly as bad. :p

THe problem with zombie master I find is that it just turns into a mindless FPS, most of the maps are corridors without much if any strategy, and qutie often there is not enough guns or especially ammunition for everyone so there are people left withotu any weapon (attacking with fists is useless since Zombies immediately hit you when you come into contact). I wish there were more open maps with less linear objectives.

EDIT: And there is very little actual teamwork going on.

That really depends in which server you're in, the one I go to, most of the time everyone is working together, and the maps available on the server are fun and there is enough ammo for everyone (Besides Backwoods...)

Here's a couple of vids made by Nelion, who plays under the tag of Kif in my gaming community (OGN). How can anyone mot love the Viper, and this one is just beautifuly made (HD version).

I might as well post a couple I posted in a thread that no longer exists. Just like you imagined (HD version) and Movie 9.

And just for a bit of variety, this game comes out next month.

That really depends in which server you're in, the one I go to, most of the time everyone is working together, and the maps available on the server are fun and there is enough ammo for everyone (Besides Backwoods...)

Which server?

Seems interesting, what kind of game is ArmA?

Armed Assault is a military sim. You essentially play as a soldier (or pilot, tank crew or civilian) but you are able to jump into cars, trucks, APCs, tanks, chopers, planes, boats & static defences (artillary, MG post, searchlight, etc.) and it's played on a huge scale (400sq km, free-to-roam island).

Single player campaign leaves a lot to be desired, but probably only because the online community have the most talented mission makers I've ever seen the works of. Multiplayer can range from small scale missions, such as CTF, DM, Flag Fight (a DM-CTF with only 1 flag) small C&H and small coops, to missions that incorporate the entire island and everything between. To give an example of mid-scale, there are a load of C&H missions that are quite similar to BF maps (but with a time limit, not death tickets).

My favorite style of mission art the RTS type, where one player builds a base & commands the AI, and the rest capture certain areas to gain income & use that income to buy all the infantry, vehicals, aircraft & boats they can afford, from the base, & battle it out with the other team.

I'll do a search for some online gameplay clips...

Berzerk C&H
Evolution, Epic coop (takes an average of 10hrs to complete)
There's also a Zombie mod
This one is a DM called Road Rage. I filmed this while I was having a meal break.

ArmA is not an easy game to master. If you play it like most FPSs are played, you will die many, many times more than you kill. Also, being a crack shot is not enough, you need to study you're map & your surrounding terrain (if you know how to read a map [a real map, a refidex doesn't count], you have quite an advantage).
You need to plan ahead, get a rough idea on how many & what you're up against, work out where your initial attack will be from (cover) & a few well covered spots, with adequetely covered routes between, to move to & continue the attack.

The most important thing to remember is that you are not super human and you don't wear bullet proof anything.

This is just a very basic rundown on the game, there is far more to learn, like commanding units, maning tanks and flying choppers & planes, but you need to be in the game to really learn them, so I'll just leave it at the basics.

Anyway...

Top Bottom