Get to the chopper!

danieladler

Warlord
Finally a real gunship (Mi24 Hind) that can take over cities by itself, instead of that :):):):):)-chopper (Cobra...yak!) that just lacked the balls to finish what it started! For the first time in Civ history, the gunship actually is worth building. Hind....flying over illegal mountain tiles into enemy lands....mmmm...:goodjob:

Nice they made is useful, but if I am in the chopper, give me a Super Cobra over that flying junkyard of a Hind.

Yes, it's highly realistic to have helicopters taking and holding ground without infantry support :rolleyes:

First they take ground, then the infantry comes behind. yes.

First they take ground, then the infantry comes behind. yes.

But like you said. It's a gunship, not a transport. The Hind isn't going to just land in the rubble of New York and declare that it is now sovereign territory of the Russian Empire. I'm reluctant to even let tanks have the ability to capture cities, but at least they get a combat penalty for trying to take them.

"The Hind isn't going to just land in the rubble of New York and declare that it is now sovereign territory of the Russian Empire." Yes, godwilling it will, hehe!

"The Hind isn't going to just land in the rubble of New York and declare that it is now sovereign territory of the Russian Empire." Yes, godwilling it will, hehe!

And then the guy who's been hiding in the rubble with his Stinger missile will thank God for the stupidity of the pilot, pop out, and blow the chopper to Kingdom come.

Actually the Hind can transport up to 6 men, so with enough of Hinds you can actually land a decent elite force to secure a smaller parameter. (im talking irl here ofc)

Actually the Hind can transport up to 6 men, so with enough of Hinds you can actually land a decent elite force to secure a smaller parameter. (im talking irl here ofc)

I can see this working for a village or small town, but for an urban metropolis, no. There'd be way too much crossfire for tactical insertion by helicopter.

I don't think russians would even want New York.China perhaps, but not russia, You must have watched Red Dawn too many times

I don't think russians would even want New York.China perhaps, but not russia, You must have watched Red Dawn too many times

I used Russia as an example because the Hind is a Russian design. ;)

But yes, I have watched Red Dawn far too many times in all likelihood.

And the Red Dawn Hind got its wings changed so that it would look even more scary...like that was needed. An intresting fact about the actual Hind wings is that they stand for about a quarter of the choppers lifting capacity, so they are not just there for hanging fat rocketcapsules on:)

Top Bottom