Getting ready for peace

TimBentley

Deity
I expect that by the end of the upcoming turnchat there will be 14 cities left (Ergili's on a one-tile island; we haven't discussed going to war with Rome to raze Byzantium), so our military will only be a drain on the economy. I would suggest disbanding them in Kyoto, Oxford, and Samarra to get improvements built quickly (i.e., build an improvement every turn).

It will be less than 4920 shields to build all the improvements I think would be useful in those cities. Disbanding most of our tanks, bombers, cavs, and infantry would get over 4000 shields.

The question is, do we want to leave only 1 city, and if so which one. If we left 1 city only we could blockade that city and then not have to worry about future Settlers causing us to have to declare war. Or once we have knocked Japan down to size (or do we wipe them out?) do we not worry about Settlers and just plough on to the spaceship, just blockading our land to protect our continent and colonies.

Our troops have more than earned their rest. I think we can keep a some forces on the mainland and on the new continent, just to remind people to stay "hands off!".

I also feel we can start to inquire about peace with all nations we are currently at war with. We've made our point that they exist only at our whim. If they still want to step on our turf, we can remind them. Again.

-- Ravensfire

Here are pics of all remaining foreign territory as of 1776 AD (sorry, I forgot the grid). I've included the minimap in each pic to locate it.

The question is where do we stop? There was some talk of wanting to set up a double victory condition, do we want to do this or just build the spaceship as fast as possible.

Can we get a shot of the Victory Screen/Stats? :)

Top Bottom