• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Getting The Best Score

louebear

Chieftain
How do you get a scrore of 15000 or more? I can win easily, but with a low score if it is only 2 or 3 Civs. Is there a way to build a Civ to get a better score instead of just winning?

How do you get a scrore of 15000 or more? I can win easily, but with a low score if it is only 2 or 3 Civs. Is there a way to build a Civ to get a better score instead of just winning?

I and othes around here have found that the earlier you finish the game in years the higher the score. Though I am still trying to figure out why Firaxis made it that way.

Personally I don't worry about score I just play to enjoy the gaming experience overall, and be damned the score.

Yeah, I once played a pitiful game, but happened to win via Apostolic Palace victory around 1700 AD. I got Augustus Caesar. Go figure...

I and othes around here have found that the earlier you finish the game in years the higher the score. Though I am still trying to figure out why Firaxis made it that way.

Personally I don't worry about score I just play to enjoy the gaming experience overall, and be damned the score.

Yes indeed.

The highest scoring wins I had were boring games which were decided by the industrial age anyways....

The funnest games are the ones in which it is a close race for the win with the anticipation and excitement lasting through all the eras.

I find that I almost always get Augustus Caesar on my games, its pretty easy. Just have a large empire and your scores will be huge. Doesn't even matter when you finish much.

Hi

When your are playing and mosue over your current score it will give you a message with something like "total score for winning this turn" I am not sure of the math or formula but just from observing to two BIGGEST factors in your score. Is how early you win and how big a population your civ has when you do. Like the longer you take the better it is to have more people in your civ to try and make up for it. All the other things that can add to your score like how many wonders you control or how many techs research dont really matter. Things like that dont seem to affect score more than few 100 points either way but the time and your population can affect your score by tens of thousands of points.

Kaytie

Top Bottom