[GS] Glitchy Barbarians

Newtrino

Chieftain
Forgive me if this has been posted before or if this is already a known issue. I did do a search but I couldn't quite find anything that matched. So I think I found two bugs with the barbarians, I am unsure if they are related.

Notes:
  • I am playing a game with the Barbarian Clans Mode turned on, with Gathering Storm.
  • I have restarted my computer and the game multiple times.
  • I am playing with patch #1.0.11.16(556634)
  • I'm sorry for posting multiple bugs in the same thread as if this gets into a complicated discussion, we may want to split this out into separate threads

Bug #1:
I am unable to capture a vacated barbarian encampment. I am unsure if this only applies to specific barbarian clans, or if for all of them. It has occurred for all that I have tried so far. After all of the barbarians around an encampment have been defeated, if I send my melee unit into the encampment, nothing happens, and I am unable to rid the tile of that encampment. I have attached a screenshot of my warrior unit standing on the encampment to no effect. I have also attached my saved game that is about 2 moves away from being able to capture an empty barbarian tile. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I don't see any indication of what else I should do, as I thought this is the way it worked before (it has been a while since I played, so I may be wrong)

Bug #2:
I am unable to see any of the interface text when I try to interact with a barbarian clan. All I see are the textual placeholders and the window doesn't appear to size properly to fit the content. I have attached this screenshot as well, as I'm pretty sure that's not what I am supposed to see as a player. The attached saved game is also able to reproduce this bug pretty easily by just clicking on the nearly barbarian encampment bar.

I really hope this is enough information for you to reproduce easily and troubleshoot it. But these bugs are making it rather difficult to play vs the barbarians since I can't get rid of their encampments. Please let me know if there is something I can do to help with the investigation, you need any additional information, or if there is something I can try to bypass the issues.

Attachments

• Civ6 - Glitch - Unable to Capture Barbarian Encampment.jpg
    Civ6 - Glitch - Unable to Capture Barbarian Encampment.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
  • Civ6 - Glitch - Unable to render placeholders.jpg
    Civ6 - Glitch - Unable to render placeholders.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 104
  • quicksave.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
It looks like that did resolve Bug #2, thank you for the suggestion! However, I am still unable to capture the barbarian encampment (bug #1) to prevent future units from spawning. Here is a new saved game with my unit "occupying" the tile.

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
Bug #1 - occupy the camp.
Next move you should get 2 options available where you would normally see Builder options.
One of these will be to raze the camp.

And that resolved Bug #1! Thanks! I guess it was just a little different than how I remembered. I very much appreciate your help.

Top Bottom