God of fire, craftsman and low food pantheons.

andersw

Emperor
I found an edge case in god of fire normally Id struggle to work all mines but with salt as lux I dont have that issue.
Lines up ok with statue of zeus rush and its some extra yields on forge, maybe ottomans would be optimal as they have ub forge but easier with zulu/mongolia because I can tribute all the gold for worker purchase.

Is there any situation where god of craftsman would be ok, maybe as songhai with ub stoneworks?

I struggle with the low food pantheons are they worth taking with tradition?

about low food, what difficulty? I don't tend to go for those with tradition as I rely on ITR, but maybe that's why I struggle with that path on deity... though the only food pantheons I see working with tradition are home and purity. Other decent tradition non-food pantheons:
- ancestor worship, good generalist
- commerce for venice tradition
- expanse, untested but could work
- beauty, my greedy undoing most of the time
- protection, very good with babylon and japan
Usually I regret anything resource-related as my entitled capital residents have better things to do than work these for faith.
In theory craftsmen should work with a very compact tradition where expos get to work the capital's quarries, for a mausoleum rush.

I've had a couple of spain early games back to back where I went fire both times due to a copper and salt monopoly nearby. Honestly felt pretty good, as long as you have a few good food tiles you can work a couple of early game mines, and the boosts are really useful. So far I've been happy with the new fire pantheon, its getting the job done.

Im currently in a Morrocan game where I went god of Commerce (also got petra) it had some benefits and I managed to found early.
Seems decent if I can settle tight and have UA for trade routes.

Top Bottom