God of Open Sky suggestion

MIS

Prince
Hi guys, new to VP.

I'm playing a lot of games with Songhai Authority, and I take God of Open Sky each time, because it seems the best for what I'm doing (lots of pastures). However, the mechanism of ... per 2 tiles makes it more difficult and confusing to manage cities, since it doesn't show up on the tiles in the city planner. When I've built herbalists, I've had the same issue. It's confusing because my conquered cities don't have the pantheon, so I have to remember to check each time.

This isn't a balance issue, it's a clarity/ ease of use issue. Perhaps half a culture/faith each grassland/plains tile, with a gold taken off the pasture bonus for balance? This would show up on the tile and make managing less confusing.

The VP creators are all doing a fantastic job - thank you.

Hi guys, new to VP.

I'm playing a lot of games with Songhai Authority, and I take God of Open Sky each time, because it seems the best for what I'm doing (lots of pastures). However, the mechanism of ... per 2 tiles makes it more difficult and confusing to manage cities, since it doesn't show up on the tiles in the city planner. When I've built herbalists, I've had the same issue. It's confusing because my conquered cities don't have the pantheon, so I have to remember to check each time.

This isn't a balance issue, it's a clarity/ ease of use issue. Perhaps half a culture/faith each grassland/plains tile, with a gold taken off the pasture bonus for balance? This would show up on the tile and make managing less confusing.

I think a lot of people would like to see this change, but...
1.) I think it will not stay as it is, cause it is definitly overperforming (russia in my game founded with this pantheon first, even they had only 3 pastures in their territory)
2.) the system cant give half of something on a tile as a yield, its eithr zero or one, but not a half of something

I think a lot of people would like to see this change, but...
1.) I think it will not stay as it is, cause it is definitly overperforming (russia in my game founded with this pantheon first, even they had only 3 pastures in their territory)
2.) the system cant give half of something on a tile as a yield, its eithr zero or one, but not a half of something

I thought it could give 1/2 yields; my bad. In that case, I'd rather pick either faith or culture and apply one per tile.

I've believe this has been suggested before but it's a coding issue. I agree the pantheon is overpowering at the moment, although maximizing it does require a lot of micromanagement.

It's even worse for Renewal, but at least the main source of faith for that pantheon comes from Markets.

It's even worse for Renewal, but at least the main source of faith for that pantheon comes from Markets.

Not any more unfortunately. Markets now give food and science for Renewal. Springtime gets faith on Herbalists (which I love so I want to keep it) but Renewal is kind of annoying to manage right now.

Not any more unfortunately. Markets now give food and science for Renewal. Springtime gets faith on Herbalists (which I love so I want to keep it) but Renewal is kind of annoying to manage right now.
Sounds like there's no reason to take Renewal unless you're Siam (and still situational).

Sounds like there's no reason to take Renewal unless you're Siam (and still situational).

I see it as being the strongest under The Iroquois. Viable as The Maya, Brazil, and Siam.

What is annoying is that it works best with Camp monopolies because everything else requires you to chop the jungle/forest in order to improve the tile. But there's already a camp pantheon (Hunt) which is often a better choice, particular in forest which also has deer. If you get any other monopoly it's not worth choosing not to improve your luxuries.

With The Iroquois it's often the best choice regardless, but for other civs it feels like non-tundra forest/jungle camp pantheon which is very niche.

Last edited:
Hi guys, new to VP.

You have to look at city yields "from religion" to verify that correct tiles are locked.
The pantheon requires a bit of micromanagement but for someone used to wide, not a huge difference.

Top Bottom