Going back to Civilization VI Rise and Fall from Gathering Storm

elahela

Chieftain
I've just downloaded and installed Gathering Storm but sometimes I want to play Rise and Fall. Is it possible?

Yes.
Simply select the 'Rise & Fall' rule set when creating your game (it defaults to 'Gathering Storm').
Cannot recall if this is there on the simple setup menu, but it is absolutely there on the 'Custom Setup' screen.

I do confess to having very mixed feelings about GS - I certainly don't like the 'Climate Change' brainwashing attempt (game or no game, CO2 does not and never has changed global temperatures) but even though the implementation is flawed, I love the disasters - where are the Earthquakes? Should happen on continental splits and similar, and also where are the Tsunami, asteroid strikes & superflares etc (we get these all too regularly in reality). and I love the Power system too.
Lots to like. I just wish they would fix the damned bugs

Yes.
Simply select the 'Rise & Fall' rule set when creating your game (it defaults to 'Gathering Storm').
Cannot recall if this is there on the simple setup menu, but it is absolutely there on the 'Custom Setup' screen.

I do confess to having very mixed feelings about GS - I certainly don't like the 'Climate Change' brainwashing attempt (game or no game, CO2 does not and never has changed global temperatures) but even though the implementation is flawed, I love the disasters - where are the Earthquakes? Should happen on continental splits and similar, and also where are the Tsunami, asteroid strikes & superflares etc (we get these all too regularly in reality). and I love the Power system too.
Lots to like. I just wish they would fix the damned bugs
I agree - just paid $100 for the extras and it is so woke it's not a game, it's like the other civs are all Europeans now. Pretty sad after enjoying every other version over the last thirty years. There should be a response where you build up military might and walk all over the wimpy civs freezing in front of their windmills, not where you vote every 15 minutes like it's some communist global groupthink. </rant>

Top Bottom