GOOD non ptp mmorpg

Lord Draegon

Awoken
are there any good none pay to play mmorpgs out there. and i dont want any where the whole purpose of the game is to beat up monsters to level up to get better equipment to beat up stronger monsters to level and get better equipment so you can beat up evn stronger monsters etc. Ive heard of guild wars or whatever its called, but that's not out yet. So any out there?
Not these games
Priston Tale
MU
or anything similar to those 2
Runescape(already playing it)

I think EVE Online had a new spin on the concept of MMO game, but I'm not sure how RPG it really was. I never played it, but a friend showed the game to me. It's science fiction exploration/trade/mining/combat. There are pvp or pve elements in there if you want them, but they aren't required. It looked to me like the vast majority of time you spent in the game was mining asteroids to get resources to trade/sell to get money to buy equipment and bigger ships so that you could mine bigger asteroids to get more resources to.. well, you get the idea.

Still, the graphics were excellent and the music/ambient sound was also very immersive. :D

Here's the link .

EDIT: I realize after looking at your first post, you were asking about non-pay to play games. I believe Eve Online has a subscription, so it may not fit your criteria.

-Elgalad

Guild Wars is looking pretty good, it could bring some innovation to the genre that has been lacking (that is having a solid game and maintaining one while having no monthly fee.)

Planeshift doesnt work, I'll look at that eve online thing, and Dr. Yoshi please read my whole post.

You could also try the Star Wars Combine. I highly recommend it. Just join a faction such as Blue Sabre Transportation ASAP or it'll get old really fast.

www.swcombine.com

Top Bottom