[PTW] GOTM 192 Iroquois Deity

Più Freddo

From space, earth is blue
GOTM CXCII Iroquois Deity
gotm_192_illu.jpg

Civilization: the creation of a confederation of tribes

In this game, you will rule as Hiawatha over the Iroquois, who are Religious and Expansionist and start the game with the knowledge of Ceremonial Burial and Pottery. This is a Deity-level game. The Iroquois Unique Unit is the Mounted Warrior, a Horseman with stronger attack statistics.

This game was created by Più Freddo.

After Hiawatha, that is, you, and Dekanawida, also known as the Great Peacemaker, had created the Iroquois confederation of several Indian tribes, Dekanawida retired to his strategically placed ancient Fortress in the Choking Mountains. "This is where I can do most good for you, great friend. You'll soon need someone to watch your back while you attend to other matters. Now rule the Iroquois wisely in my absence! This is a very rich land. Collect its gifts, expand in all different ways known to man, fill the earth and don't forget to build many, many Workers!"

Rule Changes

Dekanawida is an Elite Spearman with Zone of Control, who does his own hunting and so does not cost the tribe upkeep. There is only one Dekanawida in the world and he cannot be disbanded. He is a curious old fellow, who can make discoveries. But at his age he likes to keep his forays out of the Fortress short and wary, always looking under his palm what is moving on the horizon.

Starting Position

gotm_192_start.jpg

gotm_192_extra.jpg

Scope of the Game
  • Normal Map
  • Pangaea
  • 7 Opponents
  • Roaming Barbarians

Time Plan
  • The game is released on October 1, 2023
  • Submissions are due by December 31, 2023

The Game Release Page Is Here

Spoilers are free. Please use your judgement!

@The_J
@Blake00

tree chop is 10 turn, road on tree 6 turn. Awful - so settle on tree fur. Free 1 happy citizen. Till 4pop with 2 war without lux. Irr cow/wheet - and +5food - 4 turn/2 turn with granary.
Build order - war, settler, (war,set, war, worker)*4-5times till fill 1-st ring, granary, temple, barrack, (horse+worker)*10.
I love good starting positions

1000BC update.

15 towns, 46 people, 2 Settlers, 11 Workers, 3 bought Slaves.
11 MWs. 5 Swords, 3 Warriors and the old guy.
2 granaries, 1 library, 5 barracks.

All contacts, full map, in Republic, 7 turns till Construction which is the last tech till MA. Leader in reasearch.

Set up Warrior/Settler factory in the capital pretty soon but Barbs were extremely annoying and resilient, so linked up Iron sooner than expected and capital did a couple of MW/Settler 6-turners after that, then a couple of Settlers with neighbouring cities using extra shields. City at 3SW built 2nd granary, building Workers/Settlers.
Scout popped 2 Workers from huts, bought 3 more workers and definitely need to get more!

Expansion phase is over, not sure yet which Victory to pursue, probably Domination.
It's hard not to build libraries in every city and build Temples instead, but I will try to prioritize military might and expansion this time.
Snapshot under the cut.
Spoiler :

Domination achieved at 690AD.
Nothing special, just lots of fighting on the Western front, then on the East. MWs, then Knights, then Cavs. The main challenge was to slow down everyone's progress by making alliances and keeping everyone fighting everyone. Also. scientific Civs were the first to go. No one reached Industrial Age, I was fighting mostly Muskets.

I got lots of GLs, used them for FP, Sun Tsu, Armies, Bach's Cathedral and Pentagon (that's a first one for me!). In the end I had 5 Armies loaded with 4 Cavs, and why not. It was a fun game, suprisingly doable on Deity.

I surrendered soon after the discovery of Gunpowder. I was doing well enough up to that point, but the only accessible source of saltpeter was westward in Persian territory. It was in unclaimed land on the shore and I built a city there, but the Shah would have none of that. Very soon after he attacked and destroyed my city. I could see my future quite clearly: a short and brutal life. I surrendered to the inevitable and resigned.

i don´t believe that i will be able to finish, but here´s my 1000bc stats:

-Republic, was first to it and stopped research after that. I´m in the MA, Feud is known, but the only tech I am yet interested in is Eng...
-17 settlements (1 city, 16 towns), 53 pop
-iron, horses, 3 luxes connected
-561g, +125gpt @ 0% research
-2 settlers, 16 workers, 2 slaves; 1 scout, 4 warriors, 4 mounties, 1 old chief
-WH from Germany without any fighting for quite a while; embassies with everyone else
-70 shields production
-2 settler factories, 1 worker factory (another one planned)
-4 grans (+1 to come), 5 rax, 2 markets

i had no useful hut discoveries, afair, and barbs killed a few workers and pillaged two or three times, but nothing too bad

roading crews are working towards the borders, Japan probably will be the first victim of further expansion...
gotm192_core_1000bc.PNG

t_x

In the end I had 5 Armies loaded with 4 Cavs, and why not. It was a fun game, suprisingly doable on Deity.

did you find PtW-armies worth it?
t_x

did you find PtW-armies worth it?
t_x
In this game 4-Cav Armies were useful to capture cities defended by Muskets, especially cities on hills. I had nothing else to use my GLs for, in any case.

I replayed this game for fun for 20K, won it in 1530AD and used 4-Infantry Armies to defend against Stacks of Doom. I had 70+ SoD breaking on such an Army, I could kill a bunch of red-lined units after that and would get GL almost on every turn.

I tried new strategy - minimal research and buy tech by ai. And focus on military units. Attack with 20+ mw/knights, 20 catapults, 3-5 defenders. Almost zero casualties - the best war strategy. Have 40+ cities at 10bc, but just 10 are useful. Others are workers factories. The game is decided - just need 30-40 turns to kill ai. Improvements - Barrack, market, temple&cathedral for better score and that's it. Buy also harbour&temple to access resources for useless cities

Attachments

• civ_botev_iroq.png
    civ_botev_iroq.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 26
Did not have the motivation to finish the game, but this looked like a good set up for a fast 100K victory: lots of food, pangaea, decent domination limit, religious civ for cheaper culture and short anarchies (have a hypothesis that switching between Republic and Despotism for pop rushing culture would work on PTW)

Top Bottom