1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

GotM #21

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by Smash, Oct 1, 2002.

1. noughmaster

noughmaster nough-dist

If the computer doesn't find enough "good" sites for 7 civs. Try starting a game with 7 civs on a v small world eg. 30 x 40.
    Sometimes there are only 5 civs even though you ask for 7.

2. ElephantU

ElephantU Deity

I did not realize how "small" this map was till I made my own for comparison - things are REALLY tight! And the Y=20 part means you basically have one wide continent and a little water. Once I tried this a few times in MapEditor I decided this would dominate my strategies. 40x40 would have given same number of tiles but more options for randomization of terrain.

3. Sasebo

Sasebo Prince

Do I still have time to finish GotM #21? Also I simply forgot to save at 1 AD but I did remember 1000 AD will 240 AD be alright? How do I send it in when I am finished anyway I did not see anything on how to send in a finished game but I will look again. Any help with this would be appreciated! Btw I have never played on such a long map this was very weird...lots of bottlenecks, phooey! Sasebo :)

4. Revenant

Revenant Warlord

When is the closing date for this game of the month cos it'll be five days before i'll ever see civ 2 again.

BTW do people often get NEGATIVE percentage scores?
    It happened to me once on deity level. I got -253% (i think)

5. ElephantU

ElephantU Deity

GOTMs close on the fifth day of the next month. GOTM20 is closed; 21 is wide open.