6 civs
no restart
raging hoardes
2 settlers
Bronze Working and Horseback Riding

The curveball is this is a 80X20 map.:D

Zip File

.sav file

It was supposed to be 7 but only 6 made it into the game.

Wow, I thought I would be the first one done! I guess some of you guys have even more time on your hands than I do. :D

I could have taken my time but wanted to finish. Interesting concept (the long, streched out map), but not really suited to my style of play... probably didn't do as well as I could have. And worst of all, I left pollution!! -20 points!! :mad:

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
I hope everyone has something else to do for the rest of the month. ;)

Play the Narz Monthly Civ Challange!! :goodjob:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33179

- Narz :king:

Shouldn't there be an announcement on the main page for the new gotm? After all, the name of the site is civfanatics' center, not civ3 fanatics'center.:)

There might be more players that way.

Also, the civ2 gotm section of civfanatics' center still lists gotm 19 as the most recent downloadable game, even though game#21 has now already been released.

I haven't got much time to play this month's game but it looks like it is going to be a quickie, so I'll probably finish it anyhow.

I really agree.
I understa

I understand that it's a lot of work, but this Civ center is for all Civ-lovers, even if we are "poor" Civ2-addict....

"think different, think United...."

:goodjob:

Thunderfall doesn't like Civ2 anymore.He hates it.

;)

Civ II is a much better game, I just can't get into Civ III... waste of a crisp fifty-note if you ask me...

Its ok but awfully tedious and frustrating at times.I broke it out just to stay familiar for MP,but I can't see it working in MP.

2 scenarios I see

1.Early ko's which will be awfully unfair simply due to strategic resources.One gets iron,the other doesn't...no way to stop an onslaught.Same with horses methinks.I won't bother with the imbalancing potential of Great Leaders.Obviously unique abilities would have to be shutoff.

2.Long drawn out games that never get finished.Same as Civ2 I guess but worse.The "snowball effect" is gonna be terrible.Turns times will be excruitiating not too mention lag.Anything other than state of the art may not be able to do it.High speed connection will be a must.

PBEM is possible but I just can't see it.Players are gonna loose interest faster than civ2.And without camels/freights or spys there doesn't appear to be anyway to speed things up and make a "come back"

Said the buyer of games when they get to discount prices:

“I almost can’t wait to see what I’m not missing” :rolleyes: (I have yet to open SMAC)

Ah Ha, I always wondered what a curve ball was.

I had a vision similar to a boomerang, how wrong could I be.:D

ferenginar 45

Curve Ball is originally defined for American Baseball. Instead of throwing a Fastball, the pitcher throws a Curve Ball - ball curves toward or away from the batter as it approaches the plate (due to spin on ball). Curve Ball is the most basic special pitch. Other types of pitches: Slider, Sinker, ChangeUp, Knuckle Ball, cause different ball trajectories.

So Curve Ball generally means, a moving target. Better: something odd about this, to throw off your plan...

I was away for a week. I just downloaded the game and hopefully I will get a chance to get started this weekend.
Originally I was going to do an OCC to make up for a delayed start, but judging from the comments above I do not have to.

Top Bottom