GOTM 24 PediaIcons.txt error?

Copernicus

Chieftain
Hi -
I've reached the end of GOTM24, and I've won by spaceship. I get a PediaIcons.txt error, though, and can't see my final score or the victory screen. I first get a "HAPPY_RACE_KOREA" entry not found, and when I check the file, it says "HAPPY_RACE_Koreo". When I change that to "HAPPY_RACE_KOREA" the problem is fixed, but then there is a new error; it can't find some artwork files. At this point I gave up and came here :).

It seems like the PediaIcons.txt in that's installed by the gotm24 exe and the one in the savegame zip are identical. I've tried both.

Also, I played open.

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by Copernicus
... there is a new error; it can't find some artwork files. At this point I gave up and came here :).

Our friend Yurian, who's Russian is far more fluent than mine, has flagged several typos that occur in the game ending sequence.

1. #ANGRY_RACE_Goguryeo
art\leaderheads\gotm_goguryro.pcx
(should be gotm_goguryeo_sm.pcx ?)
2. #ANGRY_RACE_Tokugawa
art\leaderheads\gotm_tokugawa_sma.pcx
(should be gotm_tokugawa_sm.pcx ?)
3. #HAPPY_RACE_Koreo
art\leaderheads\gotm_shilla.pcx
(should be Korea)

Just go to show us that Yurian's Russian spellchecker works better on the pediaicons.txt file that my English spellchecker does.

Note, that these errors occur after the game winning coinditions are reached, so you can submit the save game file from the turn before you win and there is no impact of this final little faux pas.

(just another manifestation of the expanding impact of the data in multiple places phenomen).

Thanks for the help. This will be my first submitted GOTM, even though I've enjoyed playing most of them. Great work.

I have posted my first ever game of the month - as you suggested from the save before victory by spaceship. However I did make the changes you suggested and it still would not work properly, any other suggestions?

Thank you very much for this game I really enjoyed playing it.

Top Bottom