GOTM 36 Pre-Game Discussion

Arrrr, raging barbs on an archipelago won't make too much difference. In fact, raging is better for elite farming in a true archipelago scenario. You can decide yourself which places are better to leave dark, and which to light up.
I think I also might settle on the coast. If this is a tight-packed archipelago, building a *curraugh* or two and stuffing them with settlers and spearmen might not be too bad an idea, if the closest islands will support cities that are not corrupt. I've even thought of a "this land is my land" strategy: As soon as defensive units are available, build only the best defensive units. And lots of settlers. As many curraghs as you can stomach. Settle land right in the middle of enemy territory. Declare war? don't worry about it. Be well defended, take as much land as you can. Don't think 'raze and replace', think 'replace, then raze'. I mean, be a real jerk. Barge in and just claim all their land, by settling towns in the middle of it, wether they declare war or not, and then hang on!

Building Curraghs would be a great idea, if this were C3C. Unfortunately it's Vanilla/PtW... :-(

Arrrr, who cares, follow the same strategy, suffer with the limiting conditions....

Edit: But I do appreciate the feedback! :)

I have a problem. Thread says that barbs are raging, but game announcement page says that they are restless.
Not like there is a huge difference. I probably will go for open class in any case. But if they are restless, I’ll give predator another thought before I download a save file.

solenoozerec said:
I have a problem. Thread says that barbs are raging, but game announcement page says that they are restless.
Not like there is a huge difference. I probably will go for open class in any case. But if they are restless, I’ll give predator another thought before I download a save file.
Typo - they are in fact raging. :)

Having just finished COTM5, as I was away for a week and have had little time. I have decided that I will indeed try the Emperor game here. I have weighed the problem of quicker unhappiness on this level against the likelihood that extra settlers from a pump might not have places to settle. I don't like having my cities overlap.

I will likely move the Scout East and depending on what I see, either settler on the spot (I will need to in this rookie game as a Emperor) or either move East or SW. Not soure yet. Seeing how when I try for cultural I get Domination, I might just try Conquest or Domination Victory and if this fails, fall back on Spaceship or Dilpomatic.

Let the games begin.

Top Bottom