'Government' button unresponsive in Tutorial.

Brodie T

Chieftain
Heyo!

Never done a bug report, just sitting here at 5am enjoying the early morning Australian release of Civ 6.

During the tutorial, at the point where it begins informing you about governments and policies (and how you've just accumulated enough culture for your first one), when it asks you to click on the government button in the top-left area of your screen, the government button itself (that a nice clear arrow is pointing to in the tutorial) was completely unresponsive.

The tutorial also locks you out of clicking on anything else, and has no save/resume option that I could find.

I'm stuck here staring at this government button that I can't click on. It doesn't highlight when I mouse over it either, though, surprisingly while my mouse is hovered over it, when I then press random buttons on my keyboard, it randomly decides to light up as though my it's finally recognising my mouse is hovering it. Unfortunately the button continues to be unclickable even when lit up in this fashion.

Not sure if I experienced a one-off bug, nor am I sure of the steps to replicate this. Just the government button was unable to be clicked during the tutorial, and it seems I'll be forced to close the game and either learn the nuances of the game in a blind run, or speed through the tutorial again haha.

Game seems pretty smooth and well designed from this minor experience however (did prefer Civ 5 art though, map looks a bit plain, albeit clean and still not bad :p).

So after coming home from work much later and trying the tutorial again, the government button worked just fine. Guess it was just a one-off bug, still a bit deflating having to do the first bit of tutorial again but ultimately a minor issue in the grand scheme of things :)

Top Bottom