1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphical representation of the Great Wall

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by JamesCivFan, Oct 28, 2013.

1. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

Hello, I would like to ask a question regarding the visual representation of the Great Wall.

In my current game, as the Assyrians, I have Brazil as my neighbors. After deciding to take them on, I planted a city right next to their borders, for easier conquest purposes. Right when I was about to take his capital, he goes and builds the Great Wall. The turn after I take the capital, the wall, as you will see in the screenshot, surrounded my second city (Nineveh) as well. Is this normal, or a bug? (The screenshot is taken several turns after taking the capital)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5228/3fhx.jpg

2. TheGrandWazoo

TheGrandWazoo Warlord

That seems like a bug. I have always thought the great wall was supposed to surround the borders of a civ on the turn it is built and never change from there.

3. sendos

sendos Immortal

It is not really a bug, but yes, the Great Wall expands as far as a city can spread its borders (5-6 tiles from the city itself).

4. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

I don't quite understand why the GW didn't go around his second city as well. Sao Paulo is located 5 tiles away from Rio De Janeiro, exactly like my Nineveh.

5. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

Because it only outlines territory held by the person who controls the wall. If you capture Sao Paulo it will expand around it.

6. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

Reloading your save will refresh where the GW is drawn, although it never seems to surround the entire civ's boundaries.

7. JamesCivFan

JamesCivFan King

Exactly. So, when he built it, it should have gone to Rio De Janeiro. I am 100% sure that wasn't the case. I just remember that when I captured his capital 2 turns after he built the GW, it outlined my city. In any case, thank you for the replies, everyone!