Graphics Problem

Bkeela

Warlord
I take it my Radeon 256M 9800xt card isn't up to scratch? I would upgrade the card, but I think AGP style are near obsolete now. :mad:

Other specs: AMD Athlon XP 3200+, with 2gig RAM I think.

Even on low graphics things are far from smooth, and the low end graphics are just hideous.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 325
I am also having graphics problems and just ordered an ATI X1300...AGP. I found it for only $42 new off of amazon. I should get it by Mon or Tue of next week...i'll let you know if it does the trick.

I updated the driver to see what would happen, but got the Initial Renderer Failed error, which is why I didn't have a recent driver installed in the first place. I can only play Civ IV with the default driver.

Let me know how you go, mikeymike, but I'm pretty much over Colonization. I got really bored playing the original the other night. The new version seems pretty much the same, just made more difficult. Meh.

There's still AGP cards around, though the trouble I had when I exchanged my old ATI 9600 card was to find an AGP card that would be happy with my 350W power agg. Most cards today demands +400W as minimum req. The ATI X serie was impossible to find new here in Sweden for AGP (I did want the X1800, atleast I believe that's what it's called)

But I took a chance and got the Nvidia 7600GS card with 512MB mem. And it did work, sure I haven't loaded alot of stuff in my computer so powerconsumption for other parts may be low enough to allow the card to work. But it was the best AGP card I could find for a moderate amount of money (~$100).

The result was an enourmous increase in performance when playing Civ4 BtS. Before I couldn't run anything larger than small maps with any kind of performance, now there's no limit. I'm yet to try Civ4col, but I expect it should work well. (oh, I got a P4 3GHz, 1G RAM)

got the card way faster than expected AND it works!

so yeah Bkeela, i was looking for a cheap solution and found one. the ATI x1300 works and is only $39.99. i got it thru amazon...sold from a company called tigerdirect. very fast shipping...i chose the 3-6 business day option ($6) and got it in 2 days. can't beat that.

good luck!

I take it my Radeon 256M 9800xt card isn't up to scratch? I would upgrade the card, but I think AGP style are near obsolete now. :mad:

Other specs: AMD Athlon XP 3200+, with 2gig RAM I think.

Even on low graphics things are far from smooth, and the low end graphics are just hideous.
That is not really a graphical problem, just your card being not up for the job...

Top Bottom