graphics worries

skisphereo

Chieftain
I'm a little worried that the graphics might be too in-depth and slow the game down drastically. I already have problems playing on the two largest size maps, when it gets late in the game it takes about 2-3 minutes in between each turn to process the AI's moves. I can't imagine combining that with high-level graphics. Do we really need 3D images for a turn-based strategy game?

skisphereo said:
I already have problems playing on the two largest size maps (...) I can't imagine combining that with high-level graphics. Do we really need 3D images for a turn-based strategy game?

maybe that's why they are doing maps much smaller than in CIV3. there's a thread entitled "map size options in CIV4" maybe you should take a look at it...

Wow, it's amazing how Barry's quote of "the largest maps in Civ 4 will be a bit smaller than their Civ 3 counterparts" became "much smaller maps".

In the pre-release info, it's written that you can choose what is displayed on the main screen. Maybe if you put it to the strict minimum, the game won't be very slowed.

And I think that like many 3D games, the graphical quality can be configured.

Top Bottom