Great Prophets...-.-

Loucypher

King
This just irks me so much. I'm at the faith treshold for a Great Prophet...
...and 20 turns later I finally get my religion, in the meantime seeing 3 others get THEIR religion. What's worse is that due to this, I also see a reformation belief go (and I had the culture to get it too) which happened to be the one I hoped to get and SHOULD'VE gotten but no, prophet decides to not show up.
The random aspect of the prophets is just so...stupid, is there any rationalizing from a gameplay point of view for it? All it does is add to one's frustration, not to mention throwing 20 turns of faith accumulation down the gutter. I know there are mods to fix this but multiplayer + achievements say lolnope.

Trying to get a religion is meant to be abit of a gamble. On harder difficulties you are better of not trying at all, at least if you can't get a panthenon giving you loads of fate, the Stonehenge or a lucky early friendship/alliance with a religious CS.

Yeah, it sucks. I'd really prefer that the religion and espionage systems work without random chance, or at least an option to disable it. Not getting a religion while being the fastest over the threshold is incredibly frustrating.

Top Bottom