Great Scientist

What to do with our scientist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dutchfire

Deity
Retired Moderator
We will have a Great Scientist 3 turns from now (if everything goes as planned). What should we do with him?

Settle
Bulb
Academy
Golden Age
Abstain

Also, please specify which tech you would like to bulb if bulbing wins, where you want to settle it if settling wins, and where you think the academy should be built if academy wins.

Public, 4 days
Discussion thread

My preferences:
Settle: Arkadia
Bulb: Education
Academy: Madrid

I'm still in doubt between settling and bulbing. Please convince me either way :)

Which will be more beneficial after our war, Universities or Settling in Arcadia?

Which will be more beneficial after our war, Universities or Settling in Arcadia?

Since our slider will be running low, Universities or a new academy will not provide many actual :science: the first period after the war. Settling the GS in a city with an academy will provide 6 raw :science:, which with Aca and Lib is 11.25:science:/turn. In order for another academy to be justified, the city must provide more than 22.5 raw :science:, and must not have an academy already (thus barring Arkadia and Arete). For Universities to pay off, we must have selfteched some of Education (since one bulb cant grab it alone), must have enough hammers to get universities going rather fast, and must have a national output of raw :science: output of atleast 45 :science:/turn in order for Universities to provide the 11.25 :science:/turn, and this is counting as if Unis are built in all cities immidiately.

Add to this that Universities costs lots of :hammers: and requires libraries.

Preferred Option: Settle (Any city with Academy)
Then: Bulb (Education)
Then: Golden Age
Then: Academy (Spanish city with highest :commerce: output)

I'd say settling. The point in bulbing Education is that it'll get us closer to Liberalism, which gives a free tech. (Like Philosophy in C3C)

Settling - Arcadia.

Depends, if the next GS is a way off, then an acamedy in Madrid might be quite good, having all those money making resources. However if another GS is coming fairly quickly then i would bulb education as it is a big tech, but a very useful one, and opens many other techs

So in order

Bulb Education or Acamedy in Madrid depending on the time for the next GS
Then settle in either Arete or Arkadia (one of the acamedy cities)
Then Golden age

Depends, if the next GS is a way off, then an acamedy in Madrid might be quite good, having all those money making resources. However if another GS is coming fairly quickly then i would bulb education as it is a big tech, but a very useful one, and opens many other techs

So in order

Bulb Education or Acamedy in Madrid depending on the time for the next GS
Then settle in either Arete or Arkadia (one of the acamedy cities)
Then Golden age

3 turns till he arrives.

I meant the one after him :)

i pick academy because that is what i always do. but i realize settling is better for a short game like this that we know will end prematurely.

Top Bottom