Growth effects Food ITRs...who knew!

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Normally, the bonuses from Trade Routes are immune to % multipliers. They are added in at the end.

There is one key exception to that if the tooltips are to be believed, growth% do multiply the food bonuses from an ITR.

All this time playing and I never knew that!

Normally, the bonuses from Trade Routes are immune to % multipliers. They are added in at the end.

There is one key exception to that if the tooltips are to be believed, growth% do multiply the food bonuses from an ITR.

All this time playing and I never knew that!
I never paid attention to the difference, but sounds logic. Internal trade route is giving raw food. This is going to be counted before population eats. And it makes sense that the extra food bonus works on base food production, including ITR.
What is not so evident is how much growth you get by sending trade routes to influenced civs. You need to navigate to the culture screen, see the benefits of your influence level, and there you find something like "+15% growth to the origin city when you trade with this civ", but when you are deciding where to send your trader, you just don't know how many turns you are going to save until the next pop.

Influence levels give bonus to gold, science, and growth if I recall correctly. Are those yields considered in the trade route sending menu? (Growth is defenitly not)

This makes sense, I think. They don't get hit by food multipliers, but the city has to figure out if its growing or starving, which the trade route food needs to be applied to. After that, is when growth modifiers happen
What is not so evident is how much growth you get by sending trade routes to influenced civs. You need to navigate to the culture screen, see the benefits of your influence level, and there you find something like "+15% growth to the origin city when you trade with this civ", but when you are deciding where to send your trader, you just don't know how many turns you are going to save until the next pop.
This could definently be better explained in the UI. I was not aware of it for quite a while

Top Bottom