Grrr. I'm Lost...

Agrajag

Chieftain
Okay, I've never before had to read the documentation to play any of the Civ/Col games. I need them to get GOOD at the games but I could at least play them decently before. I guess I'm getting old now....

Just got Colonization and my first reaction was, "Wow, how do I get these textures for Civ4?"

So I started playing on the second skill level Marathon to get my feet wet.

I played the first game and really screwed up. Played a second one and got the idea down but ran out of time. Now I'm on my fourth game and a few things are giving me real trouble:

1. I have yet to even get close to getting enough percentage of bells to declare independence. In the current game all four of my settlements (is that not enough?) are huge. Each has 3 people in Town Hall and I'm stuck at 33% even though each of the four shows, individually, that they are over 50%.

2. I noticed this a bit in each game but it appears certain units are simply not available in some games. In this game there are two units I cannot get or create under any circumstance that I can find. In this case it hurts because it's Elder Statesmen and Master Blacksmiths. I never get any from England and I see no way on my side to get one created.

Am I missing some obvious things here?

Okay, I've never before had to read the documentation to play any of the Civ/Col games. I need them to get GOOD at the games but I could at least play them decently before. I guess I'm getting old now....

Just got Colonization and my first reaction was, "Wow, how do I get these textures for Civ4?"

So I started playing on the second skill level Marathon to get my feet wet.

I played the first game and really screwed up. Played a second one and got the idea down but ran out of time. Now I'm on my fourth game and a few things are giving me real trouble:

1. I have yet to even get close to getting enough percentage of bells to declare independence. In the current game all four of my settlements (is that not enough?) are huge. Each has 3 people in Town Hall and I'm stuck at 33% even though each of the four shows, individually, that they are over 50%.

2. I noticed this a bit in each game but it appears certain units are simply not available in some games. In this game there are two units I cannot get or create under any circumstance that I can find. In this case it hurts because it's Elder Statesmen and Master Blacksmiths. I never get any from England and I see no way on my side to get one created.

Am I missing some obvious things here?

Alright, I've had problems with getting enough Bells in my cities, the goal for those is to start early, even if you DON'T have an Elder Statesmen (+3 is better then +0)

Also: You can easily BUY any Settlement unit you need from Europe by clicking on the big Cash symbol up above the rush Immigration guys. Elder Statesmen are 2,000 each, so be prepared to spend good cash if you want to buy units from Europe. (ONE Elder Statesmen costs the SAME as if you were to buy a Merchantmen.

Wow, can't believe I missed that one. Didn't even realize that was a button!

Time to start over again. hehehe

Wow, can't believe I missed that one. Didn't even realize that was a button!

Time to start over again. hehehe

I did it too, my first reaction to finding out what the giant Green Cash Symbol was "Ooooooohhhhh, well now I feel dumb. The Money sign means SHOPPAN!"

yeah the total bells thing is a problem...just finished a game I thought I was sooo smart, only to snooker myself.

Used to be(!) you could denude(? can you denude a settlement) of everything but the elders +farmer get to 100%, next turn add another unit, til your were back at 100%, and so on, and really get the 50% indy ratiing pretty quick.

however with the game now, the liberty % counts against your total population...not just those in your cities, so all those laid off carpenters and distillers I had waiting outside the gates could never go up cuz they were not part of a colony...

oh well, ya live, ya learn, ya hit the reset button.

Top Bottom