• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[Guide] How to play civ4 or BTS multiplayer these days?

winnie_the_pooh

Chieftain
There is a way to play good, fast online games
1. Update your game to the latest version (1.7.4 vanilla / 3.19 BTS). If you bought your game on Steam, you have to go to "properties" (right click on a game's name), click "betas" tab and install original_release

2. Remove the GameSpy entries and redirect to Zulan's server - modify your hosts file as shown in
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=7544
be sure you saved the new file as "hosts", not as "hosts.txt"
GS servers were suspended on on May 31, 2014
Old gamespy accounts doesnt work. You have to register a new account on Zulan's lobby server - launch a game, go to Multiplayer/Internet games/Create new account.
For more information, read the Gamespy substitute server project thread
3. Sign up on EvolveHQ.com and install the Evolve client
4. If u like earth games
1) join the "civ4earth" facebook group and "ee2 regulars" evolve party

These games are for regulras only! Be sure you are exprerienced player , people here dont play with noobs
2) download EarthEvolution2 map and Earth50civs mod

put in to your "civ4\BTS\public maps" and "civ4\BTS\mods"
3) Launch BTS, go to multiplayer/LAN and join a game. You could ask in Evlove Party when any games up
5. If you play ffa or teamer games
1) join the civ4bts Evlove group

2) Launch BTS, go to multiplayer/internet games and join a game. You could ask in Evlove Party when any games up
6. If you have questions, pm me
Spoiler :
evolve: winnie-pooh

Nice post winnie may I also add if you have windows 10 and are using evolve you probably don't see any games due to windows 10 as set the evolve adapters mac address to 0 in device manager if you change this to 1 or any other number you want I suggest not 13 and then restart evolve you will then be good to go

[C4PHelper]Banty :p

Top Bottom