1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you ever built Hanging Gardens?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Archon_Wing, Feb 25, 2019.

1. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

BNW version of ToA gave both net AND gross food, making it my favorite wonder by far. Say you have 20 food for 5 pop. Without the wonder you grow at +10 leftover food. With it, 20 is first increased to 22, then the 12 food surplus is increased again to 13.2.

Only other thing which increased gross food was the Aztec UB floating gardens.

There is no real counterpart it CivVI unfortunately

2. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

In my actual game I started the great bath wonder. Got beat to it so I transfered production into hanging gardens and got them

3. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

First wonder i'll go for is the Oracle (Usually get it) or the Pyramids (50/50). I'll grab colossus if it's been hanging around for a bit and never seem to get Apadana...never really try for it either because I think its not worth it.

4. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

Apadana is great. 2 great work slots that can hold anything (when in the early game, great work slots are very limited). Plus envoys. It's less useful at higher levels since you'll be getting fewer wonders but with all the expansions, they keep adding more and more wonders making Apadana even more useful.

5. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Yesterday I noticed in the atomic era that Petra wasn’t build. Had one city with two desert tiles so figured I get it for the era score and adjacency bonus. Would take 8 turns, and then someone else beat me to it...

6. Myomoto

Myomoto King

I just did a religious victory as Egypt where I went for wonder spam. Picked the pantheon for +15% ancient/classical wonder production, and the religious belief for +4 faith per wonder. Classical and Medieval era are both really stacked with wonders that boost religion/religious units.

My first wonder was the Hanging Gardens, probably first time I've built it in more than a year :lol: (King difficulty).

It's by far one of the fastest games I've played, finished by the start of the Renaissance era. Fez was right next to me, so I got their bonus science on conversions from the beginning. It was really super strong, almost every turn I was getting 120-160 science from conversions in the Classical era.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  7. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I noticed Colosseum has been going basically right away a lot of the time.

acluewithout and Archon_Wing like this.
  8. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Reminds me of a game I had yesterday. Was playing Eleanor France. I had put up a city between my capital and the Kongo. They declared war and came after me with 3 galleys, a quadrireme and warriors and archers on land. Lost the city. Got it back later through loyalty pressure. The Kongo city beneath it had the Great Bath. And, god knows why, a dam. As it turns out the Great Bath does not protect the city from flooding if you sabotage the dam, 4-5 districts washed away. That was very satisfying. Until I flipped the city quite a while later and he hadn't repaired anything, at all...

9. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Yes, but only a few times out of hundreds of games.

10. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

I use the wonderous wonders mod (I believe that’s it? My game is heavily modded) which makes hanging gardens give full housing as if on fresh water so that makes it much better. I think that was mohenjo daros suzerainty which is also changed in the mod