Help... city not converting to my religion

Arvind

Chieftain
I am playing with Gandhi and founded hinduism
Another city of another civilisation (non holy city ) is close to my holy city of delhi and 5 other hindu cities . This city has 7 citizens. 4 are Islam with 8 pressure showing on mouse over and 2 hindu followers showing as 36 pressure as there are 5 hindu cities close by in 10 tiles. Ideally since hindu pressure is 36, one more citizen should have got converted in 3 turns RIGHT? IS THE 8 pressure of Islam cancelling 8 pressure of hindu and am I left with 36 minus 8 equals 28 hindu pressure hence needing 5 turns. But it has been 15 turns , still not converting. Why

This is from carlsguides:

"Without any other Religion competing, it takes 100 Pressure to convert 1 Citizen to follow a Religion. With multiple Religions competing, it will take even more to turn them over, although with more Pressure you are guaranteed to eventually win the majority. It would seem that their cumulative Pressure over time may come into play - a case in point being a Holy City that has long held its position but recently finds itself surrounded with other Cities giving Pressure - the Citizenry will not fall to the new ways so quickly because there has been so much pressure exerted there in the past."

I suggest getting a Grand Temple to double pressure from your holy city, if you don't have one already. All you can do is wait more or use a missionary to speed things up if you can afford one.

Last edited:
Does that city have an Inquisitor in it?

Great Prophet spread is much less faith than Inquisitor plus Missionary. Mostly I only use Missionaries in the very early game. Inquisitors are for captured Holy Cities and the rare game where an AI is hitting me repeated with his own GPr spreads, and I don’t want to go to war. (DOWing for a plantable GPr is usually worth it.)

Top Bottom