1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Help creating a civilization

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by The Crying Man, Jun 24, 2016.

1. The Crying Man

The Crying Man Chieftain

i want to create a new civilization for ashes of erebus but i do not know exactly what i will be getting into, could someone please help?

2. black_imperator

black_imperator Chieftain

first things first, it would be better to ask these things in the rise from erebus subforum ^^

Other than that, if you want to look at what's required for making a new civ, i think the best is to look at one of the modules of AoE ( Dural, Frozen and Hamstalfar are three modular civilizations that give a good idea of how much work is needed to make one).

If you need some further explanation, don't hesitate to send me a pm

3. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

I would say the harder part are the following:
    - full mechanics (and implementing them)
    - unique art
    - balance
    - Ai playable

that said, making small spells, and UU / UB is not too much of a problem (save for the graphics).