Help launching religious units

LindaJ

Chieftain
Newbie here, playing Prince level on a PS4 as Ghandi trying for my first religious victory. Have a Great Prophet and religion. My religion is dominant in my city (it’s the only religion in the city and it’s icon is by the name of the city). City pop is 7 if that matters. I have a holy site with temple and shrine, two tiles from city center. There are no units sitting there (or in the city center) blocking anything. I have enough faith to buy religious units but none will launch. I can see missionary, apostle, guru and warrior monk in my available options and the “Advisor” announced I have enough faith to buy them. I even cleared all my production queues in all my cities as someone said that might be necessary. Nothing changed. I’m out of ideas, why can’t I get this to work?

When you open up the production menu, there's a little box that says "Queue", which needs to be unchecked before you can buy something for gold or faith.

When you open up the production menu, there's a little box that says "Queue", which needs to be unchecked before you can buy something for gold or faith.
Thank you! I had cleared the queue but didn’t think to uncheck the box. Also they are purchased with R1 on the PS4 controller (not the X which is what I use for everything else). Don’t know which of those things made the difference (probably both combined) but I have an apostle! Onward to convert the world!

Thank you! I had cleared the queue but didn’t think to uncheck the box. Also they are purchased with R1 on the PS4 controller (not the X which is what I use for everything else). Don’t know which of those things made the difference (probably both combined) but I have an apostle! Onward to convert the world!

You're welcome! BTW, you don't actually have to clear items out of the queue, just make sure that box is unchecked.

You use a different buttons for hardbuilding, buying with gold and buying with faith. To buy an item (with faith or with gold), the queue has to be unchecked. I have no idea why.

Top Bottom