[BNW] Help me figure out Infinite City Sprawl

gnubbish

Chieftain
Infinite City Sprawl

I guess there is no clear definition, but basically spamming as many cities as you can (10-15), and ideally they should be very close to eachother (3-4 tiles)

_________________________________________________________________________________

"It doesnt work"

ICS was nerfed in a previous patch. But what does that mean?

Is it 50 turns behind a Deity AI science win? 100?

Does it work on Prince difficulty? Or Immortal?

____________________________________________________________________________________

So if I wanted to try it, I might start on King or Emperor. This would allow for a Religion that gives extra happiness.

What Civ is best?

The one Ive seen talked about is Maya, spamming Pyramid Unique Buildings.

Maybe a Civ with bonus Happniess? Egypt?

Are there any map settings that make it easier?

6 Players on an 8 Player map, to have more space.

Quick game pace, to get tech faster than enemy Military Units can move around.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I would appreciate any insights.

Quick game pace will make it hard.Slower the pace easier the game as units have more time to move.

Maya is probably one of the best civs for this. You can also consider Ethiopia...yes their UA is useless in ICS but Stele is amazing for that.

Egypt might be okay too.

Poland is also good as they will still get social policies in decent speed

Rome has some bonuses as all other cities build whatever building capital has faster.

Inca and irquos because of cheaper road maintenance.

As stated yesterday on twitch: happiness management is very important and thus I recommend the Celts or Egypt for your first attempts.

I wouldn't forget Maya and Ethiopia as they will provide easier religion than Egypt and hence potentially easier happiness.

I wouldn't personally recommend Celts for ICS but it depends how you play it. Unique Celt building comes really late(renaissance) and it requires you to build amphitheater a building that I rarely build even on games that are not ICS. Only build on culture games.

Edit: The celt UB is however really good for happiness

I wouldn't forget Maya and Ethiopia as they will provide easier religion than Egypt and hence potentially easier happiness.

I wouldn't personally recommend Celts for ICS but it depends how you play it. Unique Celt building comes really late(renaissance) and it requires you to build amphitheater a building that I rarely build even on games that are not ICS. Only build on culture games.

Edit: The celt UB is however really good for happiness

I will put in another good word for the Celts: it is usually very easy to get a religion with them as well. Of course it is a matter of preference. But settling something like 50-100 cities, happiness management is very important and thus, that fact must be taken into consideration before choosing which civ to play.

I will put in another good word for the Celts: it is usually very easy to get a religion with them as well. Of course it is a matter of preference. But settling something like 50-100 cities, happiness management is very important and thus, that fact must be taken into consideration before choosing which civ to play.

Ceidich Hall comes into play very late. By the time you should have done all the settling already or most of it. Happiness is usually biggest problem during the initial settling phase. If one can manage that then Celts are good as their cities can grow bigger.

Edit: Celts are good for ICS because easier religion not because of the UB.

Top Bottom