Help with adding religions

AudileYeti

Chieftain
So I'm making a religion mod for civ 5 which adds 12 new religions to the game based of the anime Girls und Panzer, but i keep getting this error:

it doesn't make the game unplayable but it's really annoying.
Additionally the icons for the religion in the city banner, e.g when it tells you the city's number of followers and if it's a holy city and I'm not quite sure what's gone wrong.

I also hope to change some modded civilisations to fit their preferred religions to the ones I'm adding yet I am unsure of how I would go about doing this.

The compressed mod directories are tagged with this forum.

I should also note that I am very new to civ 5 modding and that the content I have already made is in fact a moderately modified version of an existing religion mod.

Any help would be great! :D

Attachments

• Girls und Panzer Religions.zip
    216 KB · Views: 30
1st -- none of the dds files for RELIGION_ATLAS_GUP are 4 x 3 atlases. Some are 5 x 3, some are 5 x 4, some are 4 x 4, some are 8 x 8. This will never work. All of the atlas dds files for the same atlas must have the same number of image slots and the images must be arranged in the same pattern across all the files.

Start with the largest image to make the basic art dds file, then copy/shrink/resize for each needed size from there. You must state the correct number of columns and rows that are actually within the files and the numbering for the PortraitIndex values has to take this into account also. If your atlas sheet has a total of 8 x 8 image slots, then the image positions for Portrait Index are as
Code:
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
etc
But if your atlas sheets are 4 x 4, then the portrait image values are as
Code:
0 1 2 3
4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15

File GUPFontIcons does not appear to have the correct sizing ( I believe each image needs to be 22 x 22 whereas you appear to have 64 x 64) and also you have incorrect Index position numbering since you are using a 8 x 8 sheet. You are probably better off with the <IconFontTextures> to use individual files for each religion, and to use position "1" for <IconMapping> in table <IconFontMapping>. Because Icon Font Mapping works differently from normal atlas "mapping".

GuPFontIcons.ggxml needs to be in the same folder as the GuPFontIcons.dds file.

GuPMainStuff.xml does not need to be set as Import = true. The only activation method needed for this file is as you have it here
Code:
    <OnModActivated>
      <UpdateDatabase>XML/GuPMainStuff.xml</UpdateDatabase>
    </OnModActivated>

I know it's been a year with this, (modding is very much a spur of the moment thing for me) but I do still want to clear some things up, mainly this:
upload_2022-6-29_18-30-25.png

As you can see the icon in the city banner works perfectly but the smaller font for denoting pressure is completely skewered and I'd like to fix it without breaking everything else which somehow works.
What I have done may not adhere fully to the advice previously given above because I never fully understood it and bits like "GuPFontIcons.ggxml needs to be in the same folder as the GuPFontIcons.dds file." kinda broke the game entirely.

Attachments

• Girls und Panzer Religions (beta).zip
    176.8 KB · Views: 12
Never mind, I fixed it, in the ggxml the texture size was set to something different than the actual size of the image, the correct sizing was 88x88

Top Bottom