Help with espionage code

Duckage89

Chieftain
Hi, I'm wanting to try and add some features to the espionage system, but i can't seem to find the lua/XML files that reference any the espionage stuff in the install directory or any guides on how to.

So if any one knows the location of these files or any guides on how to modify/add to the espionage interface, if you could please post them here, i'd be eternally grateful.

Hi, I'm wanting to try and add some features to the espionage system, but i can't seem to find the lua/XML files that reference any the espionage stuff in the install directory
The values that control when players get spies are in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Eras.xml" - specifically SpiesGrantedForPlayer and SpiesGrantedForEveryone

The UI is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\UI\InGame\Popups\EspionageOverview.xml" and "...\EspionageOverview.lua"

or any guides on how to.
There arn't any

The rest of the Espionage code is in the DLL with no useful events/api exposed to Lua - basically Firaxis wrote enough to do what they wanted spies to do with nothing for modding extensions.

See also post #32 here - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479600&page=2

HTH

W

You're going to quickly learn that modding in Civ V was an afterthought.

Top Bottom