1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with First Mod: Effects Not Reflected In Game

Discussion in 'CivBE - Modding Help & Mod Creation' started by Phanixis, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Phanixis

Phanixis Chieftain

I am experimenting with modding in Beyond Earth. After watching the Firaxis tutorial, I have attempted to make a simple mod.

This is what I have done:

I made a copy of CivBEBuildings.xml and put it in my project folder.

I selected add existing item and added the copy of CivBEBuildings.xml to my project.

I edited the xml file to increase the cost of the Laboratory improvement from 80 hammers to 160 hammers.

I set the mod to Update the Database using the copy of CivVEBuildings.xml on OnModActivated.

I built the mod.

I launched Beyond Earth, loaded the mod and started a new game.

I looked at the Laboratory upgrade in the tech tree, but the change I made did not take place.

I have no idea what I did wrong, can anyone help me with this matter?

Thanks.

2. Phanixis

Phanixis Chieftain

Ok, I have discovered that if I want to change an already existing building instead of adding a new one, I need a different set of commands. I need to use the update, set and where commands, which is not made apparent in most tutorials. After learning this, I was able to adjust the cost and technology prerequisites of buildings. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to adjust yield modifiers using the same methodology. Attempting to change the yield of the laboratory for instance just eliminates the science it generates entirely.

3. Valessa

Valessa Communistress

You're probably not using the correct tags then, they must reflect the ones used in the table.

Must look similar to this:

Code:
    		<Update>
    			<Where BuildingType="BUILDING_LABORATORY" YieldType="YIELD_SCIENCE"/>
    			<Set Yield="9001"/>
    		</Update>

4. Phanixis

Phanixis Chieftain

I found the mistake. I was setting YieldType instead of settings the Yield. It works now.

Thanks for the help.