Help

gapetit

King
hello
Two questions:
I find no information on how to work with diplomatic relations in TOT. I do not know how to keep the peace, as does Techumseh in Red October.
How to make the units were not put up the diamond (life) as it does in its conversion Catfish Mongols (The walls have not).
¿?
Saludos,
Petit

I find no information on how to work with diplomatic relations in TOT. I do not know how to keep the peace, as does Techumseh in Red October.
It's very difficult to keep the peace in ToT and MGE, at least between human players and the AI, without disabling diplomatic negotiations altogether. That's achieved through events. From Macro.txt:
Negotiation
Code:
talker=			civilization name
talkertype=		[Human], [Computer], or [HumanOrComputer]
listener=		civilization name
listenertype=		[Human], [Computer], or [HumanOrComputer]
	OR
talkermask=0b		21 yes/no indicators (0 or 1)
listenermask=0b		21 yes/no indicators (0 or 1)
This is triggered when one civilization tries to initiate talks with another. When using this trigger, keep in mind that many things cause negotiations in the game, especially between computer--controlled players. Although it might be tempting to add some flavor to the game with a text pop--up whenever two civilizations try to meet ("Lincoln and Davis meet face to face, but Davis is adamant," for example), this can happen so often as to make the scenario unplayable. There are two ways to use this trigger: with types and with masks. Note that you must never mix parameters from the two methods.

The first method, using the type parameters, not only activates the trigger, but also automatically stops the two civilizations from talking to each other. Talker is the civilization initiating the contact, and listener is the intended receiver. The talkertype and listenertype parameters allow you to specifically include or exclude computer--controlled or human--controlled civilizations from this trigger.

The second method, using the mask parameters, creates lasting settings that determine which civilizations are allowed to initiate negotiations with which others (talkermask) and which are allowed to receive diplomatic overtures (listenermask). The 21 indicators for each control what civilizations are affected. Each of the indicators represents one of the leader entries in rules.txt, listed in reverse programmer notation. For example, talkermask=0b000000000000000000010 used with listenermask=0b000000000000000000101 would prevent leader 2 (Babylonians) from opening talks with leaders 1 and 3 (Romans and Germans)--and prevent them from listening--but it would not prevent the others from contacting leader 2. Even if you have not specified settings with this trigger (i.e., they're still in their default state), you can use the Negotiator action to modify them.
How to make the units were not put up the diamond (life) as it does in its conversion Catfish Mongols (The walls have not).
The health bar is hidden using a sprite hack. The health bar is not actually removed, it's pushed upwards and off the screen by increasing the height of the sprite. There are a couple of problems in using this method. As you increase the height of the sprite, the unit will be visible at fewer zoom levels. Try using maximum zoom in the Mongols conversion and you'll see what I mean. The second problem is that screen resolutions are increasing. Back when Mercator created his sprite tools, screen resolutions were typically around 1024 x 768 pixels. Now they're much higher, so the health bars are often visible at the top of the screen. Attached is a screenshot of the Spartacus scenario I converted the other day. My desktop resolution is 1680 x 1050 and the sprite height is 768.

The tool for the job is Mercator's SpriteGen. You can also use CivSprite, but that's more a tool for creating icons with multiple frames. In SpriteGen I set the icon height to 768 pixels. For the unit/s in question, you will also need to set the .SPR file override bit in the @UNITS_ADVANCED section of the rules file to 0.

Attachments

• ToT_Spartacus_Hidden_Health_Bars.jpg
    ToT_Spartacus_Hidden_Health_Bars.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 252
Top Bottom