Heroes of Might and Magic I vs II vs III

Ok, here's the situtation. Here in New Zealand there are mainly three options with the HOMM games of which so far I have none but I have played the demo for the first one and loved it.

Keep in mind the average game here costs about $100 so the following options have relatively cheap prices.

1. HOMM III. $19.95. No additional add-ons. Just the basic game.

2. HOMM I,II & III. $39.95. The basic game of each version.

3. HOMM III complete - $69.95.

Should I just go for the cheapest option only, or am I missing out not having the previous versions of HOMM? Is HOMM III all-encompassing (that is, I'm not missing out if I don't play I and II) and am I really missing out by not having the add-ons for III?

What would you do? What should I do?

Hmmm. The answer is not simple. If you don't even see a Homm1-2 before you CAN certainly play in Homm3, it is not a extension of 1-2 parts. But Homm1-2 was the really good games, and you should look at it also.

I think Homm1 is completely free now, and you can download it from some internet cites. Situation with Homm2 may be the same.

Homm3 without addons - :down:. The best addon is Armageddon Blade (imho), but the Shadow of Death is quite fine too.

I think Homm1 is completely free now, and you can download it from some internet cites. Situation with Homm2 may be the same.
nope.
Both are still protected by copyright. I bet you saw that on a abandonware site.

HoMM 1 = good start
HoMM 2 = Better in every point (best one of the 3)
HoMM 3 = More stuff & better graphics but... to me it feels a bit like CtP vs Civ2, it's missing that thing that made 1 & 2 so good.

I would go for the Collection (part 1, 2 & 3). You can get dozens of maps and mods online so you'll be busy long enough ;)

hmmmnn.... Heroes of Might and Magic. really cool stuff.

Heroes I was really cool, but had a lot of game imbalances, almost all of which were addressed in Heroes II.

Heroes II was probably the most fun of the 3. lots of maps and fun stuff, lots more informative interface, etc.

Heroes III would probably be fun for Heroes vets, but really daunting for anyone else. it's like they threw the kitchen sink and everything else in the game. even as a vet, I get continually confused by all the options.

if that HOMM 1,2,3 collection is the millenium edition, like I have, then it has the"Price Of Loyalty" add on for Heroes II.

in any case, get Heroes II, have fun.

Top Bottom