High Scores

Master of Ceremonies

Truth detector
I think it's time to get a high score section going like we have for CivII.

By now many people are winning at the upper levels of the game. We need to know who the experts are and be able to guage how we are doing in comparison.

:king:

For now, feel free to post your high scores (and the level of difficulty) here.

The only game I am even close to completing is on Warlord level at around 1950...I've got 995 points right now, but if this is anything like Civ 2 its going to drop when I start throwing around my nukes (to keep everyone else away from the Uranium that is!) I'll post the final and my observances about nuclear pollution over the weekend.

As long as the people who post their scores don't use the Million Dollar Cheat !!!:goodjob:

Let's hope that people will be honest enough to own up to their cheatin' ways. Whether it be the money crutch or using any of the other mod crutches out there.

Real men play by the standard rules. :cool:

My high score is Xerxes the Fair, 1524 on Prince(or Regent) and won by space race in 1964 i believe it was...This game i just finished literally 1/2 hr ago...Next game, small map with 16 civs on monarch...hehe...this outta be fun...

-edit-...i think the space race victory end game movie is quite awesome...i wanna see it again!!!!

Perhaps a ladder should contain somekind of multiplier for the difficulty level? Like adding 10 % for each level above chieftain (which would make 1.50 for diety) or something like that. Well, it's just an idea...

Well, I'm not to happy about the scoring system, which is mostly dependent on territory and population.

I've won two games so far, both on Chieftain (yes, I'm really lame). In the first one, I squeaked a Culture victory in 2047 after not having the infrastructure to finish up the spaceship by 2050. In my second game, I thought I did much better, and I launched the spaceship in 2001. However, my score for the first game was slightly higher than the score for the second one!

What are other people's experiences with the scoring system?

I ended the same game twice with the SpaceRace-victory. The first time I just ended the game with a high science spending and low luxury spending (80/0) then I reloaded and switched the balance to 0/80 which made a lot of my subjects happy (we love... celebrated in every town). You would think that made some difference in the score, right? And it did... 2 points more with the luxurys added, I think the end score was 856/858. (No, I never said I was a great player :) )

I think you should just put the scores on the list as they are, just mentioning the difficulty level, without any bonusus or penalties or whatever. The game does that well. A previous poster said that he completed the game on Chieftain level by spacerace and got a score of 856 or something. I play at Deity level. It's about 700 AD, I'm definitely the weakest on all factors. When I retire I get a score of 896. I think this score should be higher on the list than the 856 with finish, it shouldn't matter if you finish or not, just plain and simple high scores as the computer gives it to you.

Until we get a proper listing like the one for CivII we'll have to just live with the scoring system the way it is.

I think what most people are interested in at this point is who is actually winning and at what level. To my knowledge nobody has beaten the computer at deity level yet.

The points are of interest to compare with your strategy/style of play.

1559, regent level, space race victory.

It seems that there is a bonus applied to your score for the space race victory. I wonder how that works.

edit: played as the persians, standard map, 8 civs.

1498 Deity. I suffered a humiliating defeat. I stayed alive and that's that. The game was won by the Russians by space race in 1500 AD (that soon?! That soon.)

The guy that beat deity played the smallest map with three civs on a pangea world, but still 13700 points... whooo.. that's a lot! Imagine what score you'll get if you beat it on huge map 12 civs, a million?
I think high score lists should be categorized by map size and/or the number of AI's. As it is much more difficult to score 13000 on huge map whit continents than on a tiny pangea map.

So, when will the high score list start?

Keep in mind that when you check your score by retiring, the game doesn't give you a "winning" bonus. It looks like there are significant (and varied) bonuses for getting various types of wins on various difficulties, which may explain why someone who finishes the space race on Chieftain has a comparable score to your unfinished Deity game.

I had my first victory last night....

Diplomatic victory in 1916, my score was 1766 pts.

Standard map 8 Civs
I was the Babylonians.
Regent level.

A few more turns and I might have let my nukes go....

Don't know if this got me any votes..

Top Bottom