Hills in the Desert Modification

Incubus0223

UMM nothing
I made it possible for hills to be in the desert this was a challenge brought by IceBlaZe:

here is the Preview so you can see what it looks like

and here is where you can get it
The Desert Hill Modification

Ohh yea all you have to do is replace the .pcx with the xdgc.pcx in the Program Files\Infrogrames Interactive\civilization 3\art\terrain folder (If installed with default settings[if not you should know where it is])

note: Resources that normally would be found in normal hills will not be found in these hills, unless both desert and hills are able to occupy the resource. Also this will keep all stats that are normally with the desert also will be set for these hills.

If firaxis would release new graphics this is one suggestion, make it so there are desert hills/desert mts. and tundra hills/tundra mts. etc. and make it so there completely alone like the reg hills (xhills.pcx)

It's great :) Eventually someone noticed that original flat deserts look monotonous... But what do you think if there were also smaller hills on most of desert tiles ;)

Really :goodjob:

If firaxis would release new graphics this is one suggestion, make it so there are desert hills/desert mts. and tundra hills/tundra mts. etc. and make it so there completely alone like the reg hills (xhills.pcx) [/B]

Yes ! I comletely agree :) I'd go on with this idea even further. They should look back to Colonization, 'cause in that game the terrain types were perfect :D

It looks great; I will download it later.

YEAH!! Sand dunes! grab yer' doon buggies! I always wondered Y firaxis never did this it just doesn't look right having lush green grassy hills in the middle of a dry desert i'll download these right away

Looks great, one question, does any one know if its posible to add terrain types (in adition to the ones that already exist), and if so how would that work- I want to add swamps and Desert hills (perhaps canyons, one of the things Iv'e wanted to make myself)?

Where would the graphics be taken from?
I understand replacing existing types, but is adition possible? (I currently don't have the newest patch cos I had to uninstall and I didn't have a copy, have to download it again later).

Addition is not possible. The game looks for certain tiles in exact pixel locations of certain files. It wouldn't have any idea where to find your new resources. There are limitations to the current scheme besides this. For example, you can not place a plains tile next to a tundra tile. There is no file that has this possibility.

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
does any one know if its posible to add terrain types (in adition to the ones that already exist), and if so how would that work- I want to add swamps and Desert hills (perhaps canyons, one of the things Iv'e wanted to make myself)?

Hey SM what you can do is add somethings to already existing files like you could put your canyons inplace of a mountain but it will still be classified as a mountain not a canyon, thats basically what i did here. Also in the PTW XP this will be possible cuz they are adding 3 terrain.pcx although those will be included in the game also. But unfortunalty the terrain is hardcoded just the actual image of the terrain can be modified

While I am here any compatability issues between terrain packs.

Say snOOpys trees on the plains and Womacks Mountians and these hills or Sand dunes all mixed?

Just wanted to ask before trying it out as I like pieces of each.

Again, also any word on canyons?

Top Bottom