Historical USA Starting Save

Congrats! :goodjob:

Probably not the feedback you're looking for, but I did try to save your game as a scenario, but it won't load without Python exceptions. The problem (or at least the symptom) is that the game can't load any of the saved values Rhye "pickles" with his code. (Stuff like stability but also all sorts of scenario parameters.) AFAIK the default values should always load once a new game is initialized, but for some reason I can't get it to work...

Perhaps you can't make your own scenarios with alternate starting dates just like that. One theory could be that the scenario isn't supposed to look up any pickled values on the first turn, but that is bound to happen on a start like this. (The errors i saw were triggered from checks for contact between the Old and the New World, and from religion spreading, so too much stuff might be happening all at once when the scenario begins. Or something. :rolleyes:)

Any attempt on a scenario like this would require a edited set of default values for pickling, that is for sure. Otherwise the scenario won't have a clue of what UHVs have already been achieved and failed, what the different stability settings should be, whether or not contact has already been made between the Old and the New World, or if Nationalism is already invented. To name a few. These things should be set to new default values, and this could also be the reason my little experiment didn't work out.

I'll leave any comments on the actual changes to the map for others who actually have the time to play test. (I did, by accident, notice Lord Nelson in the WBS. :king:)

Top Bottom