HOF mod and graphics modpacks

Mantalo

Chieftain
Hello,

I try some HOF games when i get time, and i want to know if it is possible to add some graphical flavor like varietas delictat or blue marble.

If some of you get tips on how to proceed, it will be great !

Thanks in advance

Ps : omg, first post...seems i lurk for too long..; hello ! :)

Your answer is not clear:
the problems were with 3.03, are they solved with 3.13?
'cause i'd like to use blue marble.

Since i'm here, i've seen your server is up again, but prolly you have some backlog checking submission?

Your answer is not clear:
the problems were with 3.03, are they solved with 3.13?
'cause i'd like to use blue marble.
Okay. I though it was 3.13 but I am pretty sure that it was a bug in Blue Marble. I don't know if the problem is fixed or not.

Since i'm here, i've seen your server is up again, but prolly you have some backlog checking submission?
Some, but the weren't a lot of submissions while it was down. :mischief:

OMG ! Talking cats !! I mean... thanks for your warm welcome :)

So, if i understand correctly, there is nothing wrong with the HOF mod if i change the D:\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art repertory as long as i don't modify core files ?

OMG ! Talking cats !! I mean... thanks for your warm welcome :)
:rotfl: Just don't start anything by trying to choose which is the better looking. :mischief:

So, if i understand correctly, there is nothing wrong with the HOF mod if i change the D:\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\Art repertory as long as i don't modify core files ?
Correct. Art files are exclude from the assets check. I have never tried it, but if you wanted to avoid changing the installed art, I suspect that you could add art files to the HOF Mod's Art folder and it would work, too. (no warranty is either expressed or implied ... yada, yada ... :mischief: )

I couldn't use BlueMarble with the HOF mod in 3.02(never tried with 3.03, didn't bother patching to it), but I can again with 3.13....so I guess whatever bugs were present are fixed now.

I've got a little tidbit to add in case somebody searched and found this thread:

While Blue Marble works fine, if you use CivScaler to turn off the cloud textures in globe view, the protected saves from the GOTM won't work any longer.

I've gone through all kind of troubles of reinstalling the game and such when all I would have had to do was to restore the CivScaler settings to the defaults (you can scale the fonts, but not the textures).

Top Bottom