1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Denniz, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Dines

Dines Chieftain

Hi

Is there any way of unsubmitting a game, when you just realised you submitted the wrong start save ?

I have located the correct files, but just resubmitting the same game, could also cause problems ?

Dines

2. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

No Problem. We screen out dups.

3. 2evster48

2evster48 Chieftain

Could we get a definitive answer on this issue - I use EUI all the time (as does almost everyone else) but haven't been playing HoF games because of the ban on anything that modifies the basic Firaxis set up. I'd love to get back into HoF but not without EUI

4. Denniz

EUI is okay for HOF.

5. antareslight

antareslight Chieftain

Hi, is there a mod I need to install to submit my games to HoF? Could someone give me a link to it?

6. Denniz

There is no mod for HOF. You have to play without mods.

EUI is community mod that doesn't alter the game so it is okay.

7. antareslight

antareslight Chieftain

Thanks, I used to play civ4 bts, and submit to HoF before. That one required a mod, that why I was asking.

8. Tzar Sasha

Tzar Sasha Tzar of Nowheresville

I've heard that the Enhanced User Interface mod is allowed for HOF games. Is this true? If so, can the HOF rules be updated to include that. I recall that the Civ3 HOF rules has a list of allowed utilities. It stands to reason that allowed mods/utilities should be listed for Civ5.

EDIT: And then I scroll up to see the previous. Still the request to update the rules page is valid.

9. Tzar Sasha

Tzar Sasha Tzar of Nowheresville

I don't know if it is my system or what. Second game in a row where the game locks up after using a Great Scientist purchased with faith to learn the Satellites technology. My game has been going non-stop since I started it this morning. Chances are that the clearing of the map is hitting some memory cap or something under this particular scenario.

I'll send in the report with appropriate save files like I did for the first one. Then I'll make a note that I shouldn't use a GS to learn Satellites after having played for a long session.

10. billybgame

billybgame Chieftain

Just finishing up my last victory type in Chieftain, and learning the game, so thought I'd come see what Gauntlets and Games of the Month there were to be played. Which leads to some questions:

1) I have Civ 5 Complete.....and it comes with a bunch of DLC. My head has been spinning a bit trying to figure out what I need to be valid for HoF game entries. Is this fine as is? To simply things?:)

2) I saw under the Gauntlets, you need Version: SV8.....what is this? I haven't seen it here and cannot find it Googling.

Guess that's about it....thanks.

Another question:

3) I saw that the EUI mod is now allowed....what about the Community Patch Vox Populi?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  11. Denniz

Welcome billybgame,

1. you are fine.

2. You just need to be on the most current release. There hasn't been an update for awhile so, again, you are fine.

3. EUI doesn't modify the basic game. I suspect the Community Patch Vox Populi does and is not allowed.

12. billybgame

billybgame Chieftain

Ok...thanks Denniz

13. AAA

AAA Chieftain

Hi Denniz,
    Is there a way to get social policies out of order (without getting the usual prerequisites)?
    tommynt 1300 AD (#6452) 1480BC save shows that he/she has done so, and this would be hugely useful.
    Is there a way to do social policies out of order?

Thanks
    AAA

14. vadalaz

vadalaz Chieftain

Is it Legalism? There used to be no prereqs for Legalism until Tradition was nerfed in the October 2014 patch, so the policies look out of order when you view old saves in the latest version of the game.

15. AAA

AAA Chieftain

Yes it was legalism. Dang! I hoped there was a new exploit to use :)
    Ah well, thanks for setting me straight vadalaz.
    AAA