HOF questions

Chakasulu

Chieftain
Hello all.

I posted a longer list of questions I have about my gameplay in trying to achieve Emperor Quattromaster over in Strategy and Tips , but I reserved a few for the HOF forum because these questions are not relevant to most games played outside the HOF.

Rock of Ages; any tips or strategies unique to any of the advanced starts? I've never attempted one before and all I can google up about them is that the Rock of Ages requirement is not very popular. :)

Space Race: Any suggestion as to whether I should do vanilla or warlords? Is the strategy for one significantly different than the other?

Also I was thinking of posting a shadow game to receive feedback on my gameplay, but if I did so would that game be submissible to the HOF?

Thanks so much for any and all feedback.

Don't know much about RoA or Space Race. But you could try Challenge X for modern start. It's deity level, but not really though. Later starts are way easier. And that thread has the strategy pretty well laid out for how to approach it.

You can post screenshots from your game and ask for advice, for example in The Hall of Players. No attaching of saves though, that would disqualify your game.

If others play the same map that you do I'm very certain that the game will not be valid for the HoF.

Regarding Space Races I think that Warlords is better because in Warlords 100% of the :hammers: from building Wealth or Research get converted to :gold: or :science: and not only 50%. I have little to no experience with Warlords though, I read from others that it's a lot more difficult and in the one game that I tried Asoka simply out-teched me. If the AI is stronger that is also an advantage on the lower difficulties though and maybe I just got a game in which one AI was uncommonly strong, that happens sometimes. The only things I believe that are more difficult in Warlords compared to Vanilla are the Happiness and Healthiness caps but you can read this guide that lists the exact differences between Warlords and Vanilla and decide on your own.

Regarding Rock of Ages: I played only few Rock of Ages games and the only ones really competetive so getting 100 EQM-points are time-victories, which make the most fun on Marathon, but then bestly Huge and only a classic start, otherwise much of the fun gets lost ^^ .
One important rule in advanced starts is that the religions are distributed randomly on T5 so if you play smaller maps you're almost garantueed to get one or even two religions. It may be a good tactic to wait on that event with founding the 2nd city because the capital imo. is often the better place for a shrine, getting a free borderpop in the 2nd city ofc. is also nice. Settlers are much more expensive the more advanced the start because cities start with certain types of buildings pre-built so i. e. Granary + Lighthouse in (guessed) Medieval and an Aequeduct on top in Renaissance. Don't forget that you may have several civics available on T0 that you usually haven't so that you can directly switch. This also makes founding the 2nd city after the religions got distributed even less worse.

Hope something of this helps.

Top Bottom