HOI 2 DD multiplayer help

ATopic22

Clan SPADE Captain
I need help with playing multiplayer. I want to play a game with my brother. We have two seperate computers but they both share the same ip adress due to the same modem on our broadband connection. Every time i load up the game and have my brother join, it says, no game could be found but its clearly there. It says ATopic22's game and when he puts the password in, the same thing happens. This is through valkyrienet but ive also tried direct ip and same thing happens. I dont know what the hell local area is but i want to play really badly with my brother. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Uhhm...Local Area means exactly that. Local. Area. Before asking next time, try all of the possible options. Aka, try the Local Area option ;)

I had a similar problem once, but it was with two computers connected to a router. When I tried to play a game between the two computers, it didn't work, but afterwards I found out about port forwarding. Once I did that the game worked.

The solution could be the same, but it was for a router. I don't know if it would work for a modem.

you two could try using Hamachi
It creates a local area network over the internet, allowing you to play without port forwarding.

i tried the local are but it doesnt work. i tried all the options. im going to try again and try hamachi as well.

Top Bottom