• West (4), into the forest.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Northwest (7), onto the plains.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • North (8), into the grassland.

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Northeast (9), onto the plains.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • More than 1 sq movement: north, then northwest.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other movement (including more-than-one-turn-ideas). Please elaborate in your post.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
by Alex:
It's pity that we've got already 31 July & I haven't enough time to finish my game & send my results. (Excuse me for some flooding.) In any case it's my own quirk & I can't advise it for anybody
I think you know this from our posts in the GOTM Forum, but I just want to make sure you know that you have until the 5th of August (At the end of the day) to submit your GOTM 18. :)

Oh, and for everyone (not just Alex)... always feel free to give you opinions!! Do not worry if it is "right" or if you think it "agrees" with others!! No one will criticize you (well they should not!) if you don't "go along with the crowd". If we all thought the same, Democracy would not be fun to play!

Different ideas & opinions = good in Democracy!!!

PS, Whether someone is new or experienced, young or old, "quiet" or "loud", high-post count or low post-count.... we all have one vote at the ballot box ;) ;). Ain't Democracy great!

by DoY:
if you only get to play a single turn at a time and have to wait a week for feedback.

I think the only reason the game is hung up is Dell has been trying to get his Civ 2 Classic install to work. But since the game is paused, we might as well talk about strategy ;).

by Leowind:
I'm not sure how duke figured out where we are on the specials grid with so little info
The position DoY colored in is one of the 10 possible locations. Just use the hut as a reference point, and overlay his pattern with the non-Yellow-X'd huts on the master Specials graphic from the other thread. :)

Once the Pres is ready to play, I think what he does is just take note of inputs, and try to follow the will of the people, and of course play with common sense, while retaining the option (but not requirement) to pause and inform members if something dramatic or unusual occurs. Most of my Demo experience was under President Kev the Great, at the end ot Democracy I in June, and that's what he was doing :).

BTW, Dell is leaving on vacation for a while (a thread in the Civ 2 tech support forum), so I assume Duke of Marlbrough will be playing in Dell's place.

I just checked the holiday thread lower down this page, and you're right! Unfortunately Dell didn't say how long he'd be away from CFC for, or even where he was going! If Duke could play some turns this weekend then that'd be splendid! We have to keep things going so that Dell will have something exciting to come back to. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom