How about an Alpha Centauri Mod?

sawi_13

Chieftain
I saw that several of the leaders from Alpha Centauri have been created for Civ4. Is there an actual mod out?

If not would Firaxis allow such a mod for Civ4?

And if yes to the latter would anyone be interested in creating such a mod?

I'm not sure how much I could contribute since I am brand new to modding in Civ4 - I still have the original game discs of Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire and the strategy guide, so I could do the research and make the requests for needed units, buildings and other game components.

The other thing is I don't know how much time I have over the next two months or so. But if there is an interest (and if it is allowed to recreate this game at all) I would love to get something going here, Alpha Centauri has always been amongst my favorites in the Civ games.

Let me me know if anyone would be interested and what you could contribute for a mod. I'll try and log in occasionally to see what is going on also over the next few weeks.

There actually is already a Alpha Centauri based mod, its called Planetfall.

I'm also a great fan of Alpha Centauri, and with exception of a few features it is pretty much like Alpha Centauri and its expasion, and since you have the original game you can also use the original movies and soundtracks.

Give it a try!

You're lucky, because there is a mod: Planetfall. You can find the main thread here, and the discussion forum is here.

The mod is, however, not about recreating the gameplay of SMAC (though it takes many ideas and inspiration from it, like PSI combat, ranged combat and special abilities), but much more the story, atmosphere and feel of the game. :)

For contributions: Just ask - e.g. flavour or strategy texts for the civilopedia are always useful and something you can do without modding experience.

Cheers, LT.

Yea I just found the Planetfall just a minute ago actually, I'm all excited about it, can't wait to try it out.

That's good, then I can play the game without having to mod it myself and I don't have to wait for ever until its done :)

Top Bottom