How about some exception handling??

Cilpot

Pretentious Schmuck
Every time I hit the industrial age the game for some reason exits to the desktop. It is really frustrating that I don't get the slightest information to what may have caused the game to crash..

I have tried to reinstall the game a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to help.

If the game gave some sort of message as to what was wrong it would be possible to deal with this.

I should mention that I play a mod where I have flavour units for some civs, but these don't appear until the modern age. I also have custom graphics for mines and irrigations.. Apart from that the game is vanilla.

Anybody have this problem?

Cilpot said:
Every time I hit the industrial age the game for some reason exits to the desktop. It is really frustrating that I don't get the slightest information to what may have caused the game to crash..

I have tried to reinstall the game a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to help.

If the game gave some sort of message as to what was wrong it would be possible to deal with this.

I should mention that I play a mod where I have flavour units for some civs, but these don't appear until the modern age. I also have custom graphics for mines and irrigations.. Apart from that the game is vanilla.

Anybody have this problem?
I copied this to the tech support forum as well.

If you look at Atari Technical Support, this is a "known" issue with Civ3. Conquests uses a lot of Civ3 files, so it could be a derived problem.

Unfortunately, the suggested "fix" is a full reinstall. You'll need to reinstall C3C AND Civ.

hi.
Read error carefully.
it says to you sth about PediaIcon or something else.
you can repair it by yourself.
and remember,
if you damage it, dont be sad or angry. reinstall it and try again.
if you have more question, send messege.
bye

Thanks for the replies, guys :)

I'll try a reinstall of both games later (have only reinstalled C3C so far).

hamidheikal: There is no error message, nothing that mentiones PediaIcons or anything else :/

Top Bottom