1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I add a starting unit in eras.xml so that only human players get it, not AI?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by jwsimms42, Nov 7, 2016.

1. snoochems

snoochems Prince

Apologies for my ignorance, but does this go into the eras.xml?

2. retgame

retgame Chieftain

Hi, I am new here,its been a eureka moment knowing this thread exist, so here is my question :

I know the name of some units like settler, scout, and infantry inside the Coding ( The XML file in Civ 6's database ), but anyone know the complete list of units in Civ 6's database? i have found difficulties in adding other units, like mechanized infantry or submarine, because the database name maybe different with ingame unit name.
    Thank you very much

3. Elucidus

Elucidus King

@snoochems, those are actually modifying three different xml files, in a mod they can be combined.

@retgame, you can either go to the units.xml file or more easily digestible use http://sqlitebrowser.org and go to the units table to see a complete list.

4. retgame

retgame Chieftain

5. retgame

retgame Chieftain

I have succesfully added units available in the game, I am curios about leveling up the units, anyone has idea where to look (the xml file or something in the game folder)? The idea is adding leveled up units in the beginning of the game. Or at least it can get multiple promotions

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017