How do you "define" the leader background?

DeepSoul

Warlord
I have edited an existing mod and everything works except the background for the fallback art. Since it wasn't included in the mod files, I am trying to add my own background, but the background is black in the diplomacy screen. So how do I make the game recognize the background? Where it is defined? Or does it have a default name convention?

The leader I'm working on is called Telesilla and can be found on Steam for references. What you get there is all there is to work with.

In the base-game, Firaxis use Lua to define some of this stuff. It's not impossible to follow, but the simplest way is to just include an INSERT Into DiplomacyInfo and execute it as part of an Ingame Update Database Action. This works if you are using a fallback (i.e.non-animated) leader.

The code you need (SQL) is as follows:

Code:
INSERT INTO DiplomacyInfo          
            (Type,                        BackgroundImage                    )
VALUES        ('LEADER_YOURLEADERSTRING',        'LEADER_YOURLEADERSTRING_BACKGROUNDIMAGE'    );

If you are trying to do this with an animated leader, I believe you need to mimic the way the base-game composes what it calls the 'Leader Scenes'. If so, a good starting point would be to take a look at the UI_LeaderScenes.xlp and files of that nature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom