How to convert an AoM unit

are there any good paint shop programmes that are freeware that you would recomend :wavey: :spear:

Failing that I could do the leg work for the units and you could finish what iI can't do? :confused:

Try, to start with an unit and I will help you as many as you need so that you learn all the things in practice. If there is a problem, I could finish the unit within this forum so that you and all furture unit creators a able to create units.
So we extend the tutorial and we work as a team :)

I will look for a good freeware paint program, if I find one I will add a link.

As always I am in your debt. I will get started on the manscorpion if I can cause not only is it good for my mod, I have seen many requests for a giant scorpion or man scorpion in the past on this web site. :goodjob: :thanx:

Lets get cracking :whipped:

@ Morpheus , I have found the anubite warrior to excract , It is under Special e guadian.brg :king:

To make a default.flc do I use the same frame 20 times or just 1 frame once? :confused:

Thankyou for your quick reply lol.

I'll get in touch when I have it all ready.

Thanks again :goodjob:

TheMorpheus.

I am trying to create a new unit from AOM. I have extraced the files and changed both the frost giant files and the gargensis files into 3ds files in their own seperate folders. When I tried to open these files in OpenFx Designer the screens in this program were blank. I dont know what I did wrong. can you help please.

Are you sure you have converted the files into 3ds or have you just extracted the complete brg. file.

The file converter is located in the first post of the tutorial. I suggest that you make sure you have all of the required applications and go through the tutorial step by step and try to do one unit at a time.

If you have more probs perhaps morpheus can help when he has a minute. :king:

Morpheus my OpenFx program has died and wont work properly so I can't finnish my models, and I can fihure out why please help :confused:

What's the problem in detail?

You could send me the animation, model and texture files and I will see if I could fix the problem, so that you could finish you units. Sometimes OpenFX has problems with the textures if they are in JPEG format. I'm working with TGA textures and that works fine.

when I try and open up the file to seperate the frames it says ''The instruction at 0000000000002 referenced memory at 0000000000002 The memory could not read from,

click ok to terminate programme'' :confused:

Then when you click o.k. or just close the box openfx crashes. :crazyeye:

Mobzilla said:
The problem I'm having is that I am getting an error in AoMed. I can extract the models.bar file just fine, but it won't load the texture.bar file. It says "no known conversion for file type 'bar' ". Am I doing something wrong?

I had that problem too!!!! But I know how to fix it!!!! ;)

1º: Press 'Direct file conversion'
2º: Go to the file where are all the models taked from 'models.bar' or 'models2.bar' all choose the one you want to convert to 3DS Format;

IMPORTANT: The files you have to convert are: walk, attack, bored, death, flail, idle and the weapon (they are .brg or .grn)
Only one at a time!!!;

3º: Go now to the folder of the unit and start to convert, one at the time, the data files(brg, grn) to 3D Studio Animation files (3ds);
4º: After you convert all of them (unless you have any 3D files Program, like OpenFX, Rhinoceros...) you'll have to change their names puting a '.3ds' at the end of the file name to change the file type...

I know all this because it happened with me!!!! :cool: :cool:

The Morpheus is the best, his site is great.
He's another god in my pantheon. :worship: :worship:

:goodjob:

Top Bottom